Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have recently bought a new printer  - continuing to use instant ink. How do I remove the old printer from my instant ink account?

Thanks

Yan

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi! @YanNicolls,

Are the printer and PC connected to the internet?

If you purchased a new printer, follow these steps to keep your Instant Ink account, but replace the printer it is connected to.

1. Set up your new printer. Make sure to SKIP any Instant Ink offers you see during printer setup. HP Instant Ink cartridges that were used in one printer cannot be used in another printer.

2. To transfer your Instant Ink account from the original to the replacement printer, sign in to your HP Instant Ink account.

3. If you have more than one printer, select the printer you are replacing.

4. If you see a ‘Printer Replacement notification’, click Continue in that notification. If you do not see the notification, click Enroll/Replace Printer in the Status area.

5. If you need help connecting your printer to the wireless network and enabling web services, follow the on-screen instructions.

In order to enroll in the instant ink program, you need to remove the web services and enable it back again.

1. On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings.

If your printer control panel does not have an icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.

2. Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove, depending on your printer model.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling printer in instant ink. Click Here

Also, refer this article to know more information about using HP connected account. Click Here

Note: Refer FAQ section for more information.

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks for your reply. The issue isnt setting up the new printer - this was done easily. The issue is how to remove the old printer from the instant ink account.

Thanks 

Yan

HP Recommended

@YanNicolls,

1.         Go to 1.  hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

2.         In the Status area of your HP Instant Ink account page, a printer drop-down menu is available when there are multiple printers enrolled. Click the drop-down menu, and then select the printer you want to cancel.

3.         My account section -> Account settings -> Cancel my HP instant Ink subscription.

Please login to your HP Connected account by clicking the link in the image below and underneath your printer in the printers tab, you'll see a remove printer option (shown below).

remove printer.JPG

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What if you have 2 printers but you only want to cancel one?  The option you gave would cancel both printers. 

Why is this SO difficult?  HP should just put the option to "Remove the printer from subscription" on the main Status screen (right beside the "Enroll/Replace Printer".

HP Recommended

Any update on this? I'm in the same situation and can't figure out how to get the extra printer off my account.

HP Recommended

Hi @SirMatt

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Have you already enrolled in Instant ink and would like to disable it?

You can cancel enrollment in HP Instant Ink at any time without penalty. Before you cancel the service, read the following information carefully:

• HP Instant Ink cartridges do not work after the end of your current billing period, and you are required to return them to HP. To continue printing after your billing cycle ends, make sure you have standard replacement ink cartridges ready to use in your printer.

If you do not have the postage-paid envelope provided by HP, go to Recycling HP Instant Ink Cartridges to order an envelope.*

• There is no pro-rated reimbursement for the remainder of your billing period.

• Your service continues until the end of your current billing period.

• If there are any charges for additional printing, your credit card is charged. Depending on when you cancel, the charge might appear the following month.

Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account to cancel your HP Instant Ink service.

1. Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

2. In the Status area of your HP Instant Ink account page, a printer drop-down menu is available when there are multiple printers enrolled. Click the drop-down menu, and then select the printer you want to cancel.

Clicking printer drop-down list

3. Check the Print History or the ePrint address of the printer to confirm you have selected the correct printer.

4. In the My Account area, click Change Plan.

Clicking Change Plan

5. Click Cancel Enrollment.

Clicking Cancel Enrollment

6. Click Next, and then Cancel Enrollment to confirm your cancellation request.

You receive an email confirmation of the cancellation. The cancellation finalizes at the end of the current billing cycle when the final charge processes successfully.

Refer to this article to know more information about canceling instant ink subscription. Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and those instructions do not match anything in my account. I tried REPLACING my first printer with the 2nd one, but it would not recognize it. So I ADDED my 2nd printer and it was successfully added to my account easily. Now, I want to REMOVE the first printer - it has a printhead failure and is offline and no longer available or able to print. Please advise, there is NO WAY to simply remove a printer from my instantink account.

HP Recommended

follow-up... I now realize that under a single instantInk login/home, each printer in the dropdown actually appears as 2 separate "accounts". When I choose printer 1 and click My Account, I get a different account # than the 2nd printer. Before I Cancel my subscription on account/printer #1, I just want to clarify that by doing so, my other account/printer #2 will not be affected. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@SunrayBrad That's right, if you've selected the printer you wish to cancel from the drop down, only that particular printer will be removed and it should not affect the other account/printer,

if you have any further concerns, please let me know.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.