Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envyx2pc c8c42pa#abg
Windows 8.1

I have the sound problem after the lid is shut i can loose mouse and sound had to do system restore to get it working again. Read a few posts on this forum that there is a fix in an update to the Bios.

I have tried sp67441 and sp69946 and installer loads and then tells me WMI not found. Read up about that and checked installation and WMI is installed running and set to automatic.

Have to select continue on the error message box and the Bios seems to continue update (cant tell what version it tries to install as flashes on screen to fast!) system shuts down and reboots but still no change to bios version installed which is F.06.

Runnng windows 8.! suspect there is a conflict with WMI??

I really want this problem fixed seems its well known HP problem on the envy x2 besides rubbish sound quality from laughable Beats Audio!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hey @Dodgemnz ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're experiencing issues updating the BIOS on your ENVY x2 Split notebook.

The only update utility that will work for your notebook is sp69946.exe.

If you're having issues installing it confirm the steps you're taking are correct here: Updating the BIOS.

If you still have problems installing after that please try restoring the BIOS before updating. You can see how to do this here: Restoring the BIOS.

Let me know if this helps. Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello,

thankyou for the reply. I tried all that you advised and as a last resort i reset the bios which has now restored to version F.00 and the keyboard does not respond properly. 

I tried a windows reboot and tried to update the Bios again but it will not accept.

I continue to get the error or caution message " INSYDE FLASH" 'NO WMI' then i have to click to 'continue' or 'cancel'

As mentioned i have checked WMI and it is installed and running and on automatic run setting (Have also tried manually) .

I now left wiith an Envy that is possibly worse than before and still unable to update Bios. Is there any one at HP who knows how to fix this! i have read all the support info on the website which is why i signed up for the Support Forum because i couldnt find a solution that worked.

I have had computers and rebuilt them for many years so consider myself pretty competent at most operations but this clearly has some bug in the Bios update install process which is beyond my capabilities to repair without some help.

HP Recommended

Can anyone help with this problem seems HP experts have not got an answer?

Is there a CMD option for doing a Bios update via Dos? That to me seems  the  best way to avoid insyde errors in windows 8?

HP Recommended

Hi @Dodgemnz ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

I'm having an identical problem attempting to upgrade the BIOS, where it states No WMI, then seems like the BIOS is going to be upgraded, but then it does not.

HELP!!!

HP Recommended

Yes thats exactly what mine does and another person i read  on another post on this forum about wifi issues had the same message so there is some bug with the insyde flash Bios flash software and windows 8/8.1?

Hp has contacted me and i have given them the issues with my Envyx2  and am hoping to hear back from them with a fix for the bios mine has now rolled back to F.00.

If i hear back from them i will update this thread ....

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

To do the update it is need to enter in F2 - firmware - update bios - completed the instalation unit restart and see if bios was updated.

Hope it helps

Regards

HP Recommended

Im not sure exactly what you are describing here? To update bios you are using function key F2 is that during start up?

And where does it find the BIN file for the updated bios in that way?

My Envy X2 has gone back to hp for repair / updating today the people at Hp have been very helpful so far. I hope it returns very soon!

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue on my HP Envy X2 (HP Supoort assistant promts for updates, downloads it, tried to install and then gives a window comes...). It keeps going back to dowload it and the whole process repeats. Why doesn't HP publish a solution to this? Or is there none for some reason? 

Incidentally I lost my computer to this issue (it stopped booting) and HP had to replace it (and I lost all my software!) but again it seems to be headed towards the same problem! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.