Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook Dragonfly G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 5 brand new Elitebook Dragonfly G2 laptops, using the OEM image have booted into windows and run windows update.  On reboot all of them are now stuck at the Sure start screen.  I can access the bios and windows recovery options but it will not boot into windows. 

Any suggestions on what to try here? 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Enter BIOS
Select Security
Go to BIOS Sure Start
Deactivate Sure Start
Save Changes

Update BIOS

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for the reply.  I have tired this already but it still hangs at the same place.  Just re-built one installed windows 10 from ISO, fully updated and hangs again on Sure Start 

When you say deactivate Sure start do you mean, uncheck sure start bios settings protection? As there isn't an option to deactivate otherwise. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I mean sure start in BIOS.

The last BIOS update is just 2 weeks old.

01.06.03 Rev.A

You could try this:
Save your drivers on a separate Partition or USB-Stick (ex. G:\Driver_Backup)
Run Windows Power Shell as Admin and type this command: (copy&paste)
Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination "G:\Driver_Backup"

Yesterday MS released a new ISO 19044.1379
Install this version and when ready import the drivers again in Powershell
pnputil /add-driver "G:\Driver_Backup\*.inf" /subdirs /install /reboot

HP Recommended

Hey, after some further testing I've found that its something within our intune policies causing the issue.  I can boot, run update everything including firmware and bios using a local account however once joined to AAD and policues start being applied it causes the device to hang on sure start, not sure what's causing it, thinking something to do with TPM and bitlocker 

HP Recommended

That's just terrible. It is not a low budget laptop.

I hope that you didn't activate bitlocker

HP Recommended

yep its a part of the policy, why would this be an issue with this laptop?

HP Recommended

As long as MS doesn't close the "Backdoor" anybody with a good knowledge can block your complete system. So what is the sense of bitlocker?

HP Recommended

Doesn't really help does it....have 5 of these to try and work with

HP Recommended

Further testing - disabled bitlocker policy however same effect. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.