Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Ryzen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP if your reading any of your forums please take note!

After installing this bios update i am now left with a device that is not fit for purpose,

1. on start up i get a screen of snow them have to select windows key and b to repair bios on every start up.

2. virtually impossible to use microsoft edge without it shutting down whenever the GPU is required.

3. on contacting online support i recieved virtually no assistance apart from the windows B solution above.

4.Still no fixes from HP Support Assistant.

5. No public response to owners advising we are aware of an issue and looking to resolve it.

SHAME ON YOU HP FOR TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH THIS LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @markymark22469

Did you come to the Support Community for help or just to rant???

There are (990) search results for " Envy x360 Ryzen"

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop or printer???

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thankyou for your response,

A sense of frustration really as after reading 10 pages of users with the same issue and work arounds that do not fill me with any confidence that the issue can be resolved easily without further updates from HP.

Are you able to provide any information from HP or a fix?

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bq101na

HP Recommended

Sadly you won't see any meaningful engagement of "resident experts" in getting HP's attention in order to address the problem. Their involvement is mainly limited to whisking out tough issues and defusing or derailing them by sending PM's promising support to which everyone is entitled anyway.

I have yet to see a single problem solved in a thoughtful way by bridging between users and HP and facilitating expeditious communication both ways. Several HP employees roam here but none helpful. Boggles my mind... 

F19 BIOS wrecking Envy laptops has been flagged so many times recently, show me one example of HP expressing interest in resolving it, never mind fixing it.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @proxyx

I guess it is true even you cannot add any meaningful engagement.

I have over 3000 solutions and I have tried to help every time in a thoughtful way with expeditious communication.

Thank you for your extremely HELPFUL and MEANINGFUL posts.

Best regards,

REO

@markymark22469

When HP posts a fix I will let you know ASAP.

HP Recommended

As a paying customer of HP I'm neither obliged nor paid to come up with a solution HP has created by releasing a home cooked  and untested BIOS. Resident experts are best equipped with communication tools by HP to initiate steps in order to fix a problem.

This is an issue that arose only after HP's initiative to replace the existing working BIOS with something untested and unproven that immediately after update crippled functioning laptops causing a slew of random crashes. All you need to do is collect the information available in this forum and start working with HP towards the resolution, if you cared a bit...

Instead you chose to mock troubled users... is this what you're here for?

As a 3000 solution resident you should know better... yet you're coming to stir things up. Proves my point.

HP Recommended

@proxyx

It is not my responsibility to collect information and work with HP on a solution that they are already working on. "NOT GONNA HAPPEN"

What troubled user that posted a question have I mocked???

What question did you post here???

What Solution did you try to provide here???

Then what are you here for other than to stir things up???

My point.

Best regards,

REO

HP Recommended

HI,

I did get some detailed Assistance via HP Face book site however nothing worked and I was advised to perform a factory reset.

To which I responded no as even with my limited tech knowledge seemed to be a sledge hammer to crack an egg!

And from what I've read elsewhere would not have worked anyway.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately HP BIOS incompatibility with Windows can only be resolved by fixing the BIOS... unless MS decides to spend the time to sit down and fix HP's error by tweaking Windows. I can see that happening...

I read the instructional (official or semi-official) post in this forum that factory reset leads to BIOS restore as well. It doesn't. So save yourself an effort...

My laptop was fully functional before F.19 BIOS. Not anymore.

@REO51ST your attempts to make it worse will be ignored.

My role is to flag, report to HP and describe the problem, what I have done in abundance (other threads).

Try to make yourself useful. And if you don't have to, like you indicate... don't waste your time where you cannot contribute.

HP Recommended

Hi .. i see i have the same fault as you with the F19 Bios up date .. 

Have you found a fix to this yet .. 

a hp tec (savvytec) is telling me to now install a -

F.31 Rev.A this is the latest bios available for his computer ... 

Should I -- !!! will this fix the fault .. 

please help ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.