Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I created a USB recovery drive image with bios F.46. Download "BIOS-F.46-usb-image.zip" here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/409uase5jpbf7l7/BIOS-F.46-usb-image.zip?dl=0

Use ImageUSB to write the image to a USB drive that is 2GB or larger.

https://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html

HP Recommended

Hola! Soy otro pobre desafortunado con este mismo problema, hay alguna novedad?

HP Recommended

Yeah mine too, HP Support Assistant decided to do a BIOS Update when I boot up the laptop and then it said it passed verification and said I can reboot it and complete the update but it didn't do all of it. It did some commands and stuff and it shut off and never came back on and when I turned it on, it shown that the BIOS is getting recovered and it said that verification failed like the original post here. I tried to revive it with the HP Bios Recovery Exe which it shown on the support page and when I did it, the box that was meant to pop up to direct me to flash the usb wasn't there (By the way I was on my backup laptop, not the bad bios laptop). I have tried with Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 (Yes, I was that desperate) with no avail. HP isn't responding to my emails even though I payed for HP Care Pack for 3 years but I will try to phone them to find a fix. By the way it still hasn't been fixed and a reply to say if yours has been fixed would be appreciated. The model of the Bad Bios laptop is HP Pavilion 15-cw1598sa. Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hello, could you upload the files to another server, thank you 

HP Recommended

I added an alternate download link for the bios F.46 usb image. I don't think there's any reason to mess with version F.45 any more.

HP Recommended

Mine got the same log problem where it says "Verify of Block 46 Failed" on the new file on the log place in the usb file. Here's the photo where it shows it. 

Maruf123_0-1614627114787.png

HP Recommended

Brief update

Hey all, i just wanted to give an update with my bios issue and how it’s going. I have called hp support and they tried over an hour to fix my laptop but they couldn’t do it so they are just going to send it into repair. I would advise anyone who has warranty and has this issue to go send their laptop immediately because it may only get fixed with a system board change and after the warranty date is finish, then say bye bye to your wallet because your going to have to pay around £200 to fix it.

HP Recommended

Oh my goodness...

I read this thread after I made a post hours ago. If this many people have had issues with the BIOS update, then that is a huge problem. While attempting to run the BIOS update on my laptop, it shut down. Now it will not power on again.

I will say this, I will not accept the same answer that a few of you have received. That will not fly with me at all. This should have been fixed a long time ago.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

My laptop model is Pavilion 14-ce0502sa and is not working properly after it required me to upgrade the bios like you did guys.
The bios version is F  23.

After I accepted to upgrade the bios, the laptop shut down while I am using it. In the first time i just turned on it again and continued to use, but after while it shutted down again.
Now the laptop does not turn on at all, just after one or two days without use I am able to turn on it again, but it does not last longer time.

I do not know what to do and my warranty is expired already.

Best,
Gustavo

HP Recommended

Another person with an issue performing the BIOS update. This is not acceptable by HP.

With this many issues with the BIOS updates, they should remove it from their website to prevent any other person from downloading it.

Second, anyone that had their machine become unusable due to the update should have it fixed at no cost.

This is a defective product HP. When products on the market are defective, companies order a rollback and have consumers return the product for a replacement. There should be no reason that anyone should pay for HP's problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.