Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Windows 8.1

We bought brand new - and pluged in to charge and we can't get the PC / Tablet to turn on?  We have connected to the AC Power cord...we have unconnected all items and charged for 30 mins and still nothing.

What are we missing??  

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@tsmith223 ,

Hello and welcome to the HP support forums.

First thing I would try is a full charge for 24 hours and see if that helps if not please post back.

Thank you agian for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello D5GR..... I am having the same problem with a brand new Pavilion X2 Detachable....it is out of the box new (it is a Christmas gift) and won't power up....I have keep it plugged in for about 10 hours so far and nothing is happening. Should I wait for the full 24 hours or is there something else I can try?

HP Recommended

@guillieme ,

Hello and thank you for posting back.  If you system is totally unresponsive after a long charge and with the power cord plugged in or if it is removed and there is no change.  I would do one of two things.

Return to the store for exchange.  If you are outside the exchange policy of the store then contact Phone support for repair options.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello D5GR.....It looks like the AC adapter is the problem. I used the adapter from my daughter's IPhone 5 and I can get the X2 to power on and boot up.....however, It will only charge the X2 up to 70% and doesn't seem to want to go past that.....I will get a replacement adapter and see if it will charge to 100%. 

It is a type of adapter that I have not seen before....it came out of the box in two parts....the main body of the adapter and an AC prong clip that snaps on to the rest of the adapter body...the markings on the adapter body are IEC PN: 6032B0081701.....HP SPS 791102-001......CT: W170101YM7S51J.  The marking on the prong clip is APD2- US. (The US on the end seems to imply United States....I live in Canada....is it possible that there is a different adapter for Canada? Probably a dumb question but who knows)

It appears that the AC prong clip can only snap on to the main body one way so I don't think that I have put it together wrong.

Thanks,

guillieme

HP Recommended

@guillieme ,

Hello and thank you for posting back.  Here is a link that may help you with that charging issue.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎

I hope this helps.  If you need a new power supply please contact phone support they will be able to get you a replacement if your system is under warranty.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.  Please let me know how things worked out with the calibration.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as the OP. I discharged brand new device (HP Pavilion x2 10.1 32GB) only once, and since then it will never turn on again, if connected to power or not. 

No life sign if pressing power, there is no sign if it charges or not, there is a big nothing.

There are several other people having the same problem, see here:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-10-1-Inch-Detachable-Touchscreen/product-reviews/B00NJF1PGQ/ref=cm...

(you also find some google results for "x2 wont turn on") So please also check if there is a problem on production site? Is there any possibility to fix this on location? Because the plan was to take it to a journey in some days..

HP Recommended

Just unboxed a brand new Pavilion x2 Detachable 10-n003TU & you guessed it, will not turn on. Have had it on charge for serveral hours now & totally dead.

Doesn't HP have any quality control where the product is tested to make sure it works before it's sold? It looks like a very common fault after doing a google search. Should this product be reacalled & the manufacturing fault fixed?

Will have to finish work early & make the 1 hour drive to take it back to the place of purchace for replacement.

Not happy HP !!!!

HP Recommended

@RoscoL45,

Hi there and thanks for posting on the thread.  You can actually call HP phone support to get set up for repair or replacement.  The store exchange will be much faster but it is not your only option.  Use this link to contact the correct department.

Contact HP Support

Thanks again for the post and have a great day.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the Pavilion X2 11 , same problem. Posted on a different forum but looks like this is common problem.

Mine came with windows 8. Took me two days of updates to make it viable for 8.1 update. During all this time it was powering off itself, even if both batteries were full or it was plugged in.

A few attempts to download windows 10 were intrerupted by this powering off, even if options changed to never let it go to sleep or turn off screen.

Now I own a nice paperweight,  turned itself off about half way downloading windows 10 (for the n-th time). Whatever I do it doesn't come back to life. If I press the power button for 10sec, sometimes the windows icon on tablet flashes a couple times and that's it.

My previous laptop (wich I'm still using )is a 2007 Compaq / Hp branded and that's why  I wanted another HP. Looks like in the meantime they make lower quality products than a chinese small factory that sells tablets for £20 shipped to the other end of the world.

All in one, goodbye HP. Returning this chunck of plastic and would look for another 2 in 1 laptop for school. Not too  many options at the moment..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.