Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 13t - 4000 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last week my Spectre x360's battery was running low and it prompted me to plug it in to charge. I plugged in and the laptop was not charging. I tested the outlet and inspected the charger/port to see if there is damage.  Everything is in perfect condition, neither the laptop nor the charger have been dropped nor damaged. Called HP support and the laptop is one month out of warranty... Ordered another charger and the laptop still does not charge.  The LED next to the power button used to blink 3 times and the laptop would not boot up. Now the LED does not blink at all. Reading x360 support messages it looks like others have had the same issue and it has been a failed motherboard. Is this a known issue is there anything else I can do? Very dissapointed in this whole situation considering what I spent on the laptop and the timing of this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Just spoke with Andrew, a Case Manager at HP.  Andrew was a pleasure to work with. Not only was he friendly and knowledgable, but he expedited a solution for me. One of best customer service experiences I have ever had. Thank you Andrew and thank you HP. 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. How did they fix it? Did they ahve to change the motherboard?

HP Recommended

I ve got this issue, had to send the laptop for a motherboard replacement taken under warranty

HP Recommended

I found out what the problem was on mine.  It was the power connector.  The connector broke inside the laptop. The power connector is poorly designed.  It's only held by 1 screw on one side to hold it.  As such, when you insert and remove the power plug, it acts like a hinge like when you open and close a door.  The whole unit moves in the process until the tiny wires connected to it breaks.

Here's the part you'll need.  P/N: 801513-001

DSC_0019.jpg

You can get one from eBay.

It's so sad to see a $1,300 laptop inoperable because of poor design.  How much does it cost HP to fix these under warranty?  How much is the cost to the consumers if out of warranty?  Goodwill cost?  HP's reputation for having poor quality laptops?  A LOT!  It could have been designed much better without additional cost.

HP Recommended

Exact same issue here, what do I need to do? Its my work computer (self employed) so I need it fixed asap!!

Jeppe

HP Recommended

Hey there @JeppeJB

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are looking for a helping hand. Could you please explain in a little more detail what it is that you are experiencing? 

Have you tried any of the steps from the previous posts in this thread?

What troubleshooting have you done thus far?

Please re-post with more details and I will do my best to help you with a solution!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Please assist, I have the same issue, where in the spectre notebook will not charge. I am in Germany on business and need this resolved asap. I cannot track the local support centres as there are no numbers.
HP Recommended
Hi, further to my long post above, I have had it confirmed that a capacitor has blown between the SSD and the screen on my X360 that is just over a year old and so just out of warranty! Repair diagnosis was replace motherboard at cost of £797.00!!! The price is high because apparently HP dont make enough spares. I feel completely cheated given the fact that the failing fans, overheating and burnt out capacitors are not new issues. These issues are well known on HP forums. HP please come up with an equitable solution. How can this happen 1-2 months outside of 1 year warranty. Laptop was bought new in July last year.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.