Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the post, it looks like I'll have to take my ultranotebook apart.  I"ve only had it a little over a year I'm currently downrange and the computer quits on me.  Don't think I can recommend HP to anyone, support told me now that the computer is out of warranty there is nothing else they are authorized to do except provide me the cost of the repair

The cost is $549 to repair a laptop that I spent about $1,600 on.  HP just lost its credibility for me, I'm not sure why we purchase these products for our deployments

HP Recommended

My Issue has not been solved.Somebody send me Phone # which I contacted ( somewhere Overseas ) and they ask for $530.00 upfront and give me a break with free shipping.  Rip-Off.

HP Recommended

They ask for $530.00 Up-Front ( with Dredit Card # ) and free shipping . This is a tragedy when H.P. outsource the job to

Overseas.Who is monitoring the Quality and the price.That is a Bad footprint for H.P.organization.

HP Recommended

Last week my HP Spectre x360 came up with a low battery warning despite the fact that it was plugged in.  I checked all the connections and everything was fine.  I took it into the local store where I purchased it and they tested it with a new power cord and that was not the issue.  I then called HP support and because I was outside the 1 year warranty (purchased 1 yr 4 months earlier) I was told I had to pay a $45 fee to speak to someone.  This "tech support" remoted in to my computer, drained what was left of my battery and was unable to fix the issue.  I then noted that the charge port light would blink 3 times when I tried to power on and "tech support" said this meant that the charging port was no good.  This seems to be a well documented flaw with the x360 model as seen here in this forum.  This same "tech support" then told me that I would have to send my computer in for repair and it would cost $330.  She refused to refund the initial $45 fee.  I called back and spoke to someone else who said they would put in a request for the $45 fee to be refunded as clearly this was a hardware problem.  They then said that they would discount the repair fee and sent out a repair box.  I indicated that I had files on my computer that I had been able to back up before all the power was drained and I did not want to lose them.  I was told this wouldn't be an issue since there was no problem with the hard drive but that I could fill in a form to have a back-up performed prior to the repair.  I completed the back-up form and sent it with my laptop for repair.  Last night I received my laptop back only to find it had been completely wiped and reset with NO BACKUP.  When I called HP support to ask about this I was told I was out of luck.  As of writing this the $45.19 fee for tech support is still on my credit card along with a new charge of $262.15 for the repair.  So, due to a KNOWN flaw with this computer I am out $307.34, I have lost all of my data, and I have lost all of the software I had installed on my computer.  I am extremely disappointed in HP for failing to remedy what has clearly been identified on their own forums as a known issue. 

HP Recommended

@HelpRefund

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

2 days ago I got a call from H.P support which she said that assigned her to resolve my issue( the battery does not charge).

She said : that we can fix your computerfor a cost of $540.00. But because I am a repeated customer ,I get .40 pecent

discount and they would send a pre-paid box to send my computer .As long as I pay $320.00 with credit card.Thank You for

posting this E-Mail.Before sending my computer I have to think twice.

HP Recommended

I am posting an update...

After my original post I was contacted by an HP staff member (Renee) who agreed that she would look into my case and try to make things right.  She ended up arranging a refund on the cost of the repair.  While I have still lost data that I will never be able to recover and I have incurred added expense from having to purchase software again (as well as the time involved with setting up the computer again from scratch); I do appreciate the fact that HP has seen fit to try to rectify a bad situation.

I just hope that the repair lasts in the long-term.

HP Recommended

Seems to me you are the lucky guy,That got refunded. I got contacted by a case manager to resolve my issue. She ask for $320.41 to pay up-front to take care my problem.Then I gave my credie card # . After she got the # she said: My computer is too slow ,let me call you back in 2 minutes :And I waited 15 minutes and she did not call back So I called her & mycall went to voice mail box.and waited another 45 minutes and call back ,there was no answer .  I got scared and called to cancel my credit card. I have talked to a lot of people about H.P.Sprctre x 360 whom they have the same problem.Over heat the compotent that connect to the battery and burns. I am persuing a legal mather to get refund or fix free of charge.

HP Recommended
SAME ISSUE!!! Just took it out of the box (brand new), one charging port does not work at all, and the other you have to angle the charger in a weird way to get it just right to charge. The slightest move to the wire...boom no longer charges! Both ports are so loose when the charging wire is connected that it moves freely as if someone had this computer for years. ONE DAY I HAD THIS! I DROP $1,200 to have issues on the first day and to think I "ONLY" wanted an "HP" brand. I hope I didn't make a terrible mistake.
HP Recommended

The majority of H P Spectre x 360 have the same problems .This is the lousy job has been by manufacturing and lack of

quality control . You should address this issue to higher up with H.P.management So ,start recalling the defected units

which I believe there ic 1000 & 1000,s out there.If I was you I would E-mail a line oe two to the CEO of H.P. 

Good Luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.