Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I've had this computer for a long time and unfortuantely I've had major issues with it. Last night it was working perfectly and then when I tried to turn the computer on, it loaded and went to the startup screen with the microsoft logo and from there it got stuck. I tried to hit F11 and do a diagnostic test but when it was finished it told me the computer was not able to restart because of memory or something like that. I've also tried to take the battery out, but that didn't work either. I don't know what to do...can anyone help? 

Product # LW233UA#ABA

Model: g4-1104dx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Instead of using f11, try running diagnostices from the Bios Menu as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

Hi,

Instead of using f11, try running diagnostices from the Bios Menu as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I did the f10 and selected the bios option and it works now! Thank you so much I really appreciate it!!

HP Recommended

I'm stuck on startup and after some trys it will work and computor runs very slow

HP Recommended

The first time I ran hard disk test it gave "no hard drive"  and memory is fine.  Tried again and now its running short test for 16 minutes.  33 minutes later it now shows long test for 118 minutes. Seems to be stuck and no messages show up.

HP Recommended

Hello mikeandike.  I understand you're having some trouble booting your notebook.

What notebook do you own?  This document can show you how to identify it by the product number.

Did the hard drive test ever complete?  What was the result?

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
I have HP Pavilion g series and I have the same problem.it freezes on welcome sign and doesn't load anything..not even on safe mode. What should I do to fix it?
Thanks
HP Recommended

Hello Jevdo,

Your computer will not fully load your main screen, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full model number of your laptop, if you aren’t sure where to find that information have a look at this document for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

hi when i turn on my g62 hp labtop the scrren lights up blank....what should i do??

HP Recommended

Hello Ricardojerimie,

When turning your laptop on the screen just lights up blank with no actual images, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.