cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My Spectre x360 Convertible won't power up and is completely unresponsive

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the Spectre x360 Convertible less than 2 years ago and it seems I got an issue that many seem to have gotten with this product. It died suddenly on me while working and it won't turn on. I can't get the Power LED and charger LED to turn on either.  I have tried 2 power supplies both correct models from HP too. Based on what I've seen in other forum posts, the mother board seems to have given out. 

Is there a way to buy a motherboard direct from HP? I believe I can do the board swap myself. 

Also is there a recommended way to make contact with HP? After trying several ways to make direct contact regarding a product without warranty, I kept getting redirected here. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have essentially the identical problem, with an Envy x360. I took it to a local shop and they told me it was likely the motherboard. I couldn't find the motherboard online (there were used ones for $400 or so, but that's too much). So, I spent over an hour trying to find a way to just call HP, to find out about getting it fixed, but there were no support phone numbers, etc., listed on the support pages. I finally just called the number they list online for sales [Personal Information Removed], and selected the option for "support," and after waiting on hold for 40 minutes, someone answered. They told me I could ship the computer to them and for a fee of somewhere between $399 and $450 (mine's out of warranty, as I assume yours is also), and they would likely replace the motherboard. My laptop is 3 1/2 years old, so I decided it wasn't worth it for that much money, and that it makes more sense just to buy a new laptop for $600-700, with a multi-year warranty (tip: if you buy from Costco, they double the warranty to two years, and then if you buy with the Costco Citi credit card, they add another two years - so 4 years of warranty, which would have covered this problem entirely). 

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation