cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My Spectre x360 Convertible won't power up and is completely unresponsive

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the Spectre x360 Convertible less than 2 years ago and it seems I got an issue that many seem to have gotten with this product. It died suddenly on me while working and it won't turn on. I can't get the Power LED and charger LED to turn on either.  I have tried 2 power supplies both correct models from HP too. Based on what I've seen in other forum posts, the mother board seems to have given out. 

Is there a way to buy a motherboard direct from HP? I believe I can do the board swap myself. 

Also is there a recommended way to make contact with HP? After trying several ways to make direct contact regarding a product without warranty, I kept getting redirected here. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have essentially the identical problem, with an Envy x360. I took it to a local shop and they told me it was likely the motherboard. I couldn't find the motherboard online (there were used ones for $400 or so, but that's too much). So, I spent over an hour trying to find a way to just call HP, to find out about getting it fixed, but there were no support phone numbers, etc., listed on the support pages. I finally just called the number they list online for sales [Personal Information Removed], and selected the option for "support," and after waiting on hold for 40 minutes, someone answered. They told me I could ship the computer to them and for a fee of somewhere between $399 and $450 (mine's out of warranty, as I assume yours is also), and they would likely replace the motherboard. My laptop is 3 1/2 years old, so I decided it wasn't worth it for that much money, and that it makes more sense just to buy a new laptop for $600-700, with a multi-year warranty (tip: if you buy from Costco, they double the warranty to two years, and then if you buy with the Costco Citi credit card, they add another two years - so 4 years of warranty, which would have covered this problem entirely). 

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation