Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp Notebook 15-db0025nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know if my notebook has a port m2 sata to put a ssd of this type so as to have even the original hdd of the connected computer to act as a file warehouse and then on the ssd m2 sata I would put l os.
I would like to know if my notebook has a port m2 sata to put a ssd of this type so as to have even the original hdd of the connected computer to act as a file warehouse and then on the ssd m2 sata I would put l os.
So the question is is there this door if I undock the computer?

i used google traslator to convert italian to english

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think you asked how to do it and I provided the steps. You are allowed to open the laptop for memory and storage upgrades but it does require some technical skill and if you hurt it, then yes there will be no warranty. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

This link is to download the Service Manual (in English)

Manual 

Instructions to access the insides by removing the back cover begin on p. 38. Once the cover is off you see this:

blue = hdd green - RAM red circle = M.2blue = hdd green - RAM red circle = M.2

The red circle shows where the M.2 slot is located. Your model's M.2 slot can handle EITHER a SATA M.2 OR a PCIe/NVME, and that is much, much faster. So you want a PCIe/NVME M.2 to put in that slot. 

You want to open the laptop before you buy anything to be sure your laptop is like the picture and has the M.2 slot. Almost surely it does but you want to see for sure.

https://www.amazon.it/Samsung-MZ-V7S500BW-Unit%C3%A0-PLUS-Arancione/dp/B07MFBLN7K/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_it...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Ciao. 

HP Recommended

thank you for providing me with the manual and the ssd compatible with my notebook but if I open the back cover by putting this ssd on m2 and keeping the original hdd on sata I will not lose the warranty?

HP Recommended

I think you asked how to do it and I provided the steps. You are allowed to open the laptop for memory and storage upgrades but it does require some technical skill and if you hurt it, then yes there will be no warranty. 

HP Recommended

I asked a friend of mine who has the same model if he took it apart since he had already opened it to change the RAM memory and I asked him to see if there was actually the m2 door. apart from this I just wanted to know one thing that is how I have to remove the rubber pads to make the computer slightly raise since there are other screws underneath them

HP Recommended

just remove them with nails right?

HP Recommended

I would not use a nail to remove the rubber pads. Use a sharp knife like an Xacto knife. The trick is to take them off and not deform, stretch or damage them and try to leave some adhesive still sticking to them. 

HP Recommended

sorry but from the manual I know that the m2 door has 2 small flowers for the ssd m2 sata while I know that the nvme have only one hole. So my computer is the same compatible with m2 nvme or only m2 sata?

HP Recommended

I just saw this detail on page 47

20200225_155956.jpg

HP Recommended

I have to clarify this all the time. All M.2 slots have just 2 "holes". The M.2 disks have "B" or "B + M" keys. Either kind fits in the M.2 slot. An M.2 slot can be connected into the motherboard in such a way as it supports NVME OR SATA or just SATA. In your case, see how either kind can be used in this laptop? My advantage here is I have done this kind of upgrade myself on many laptops of different makes. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.