cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
FINAO
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

2017 HP Spectre Usb C doesn't maintain contact.

HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen sevral posts regarding the issue I've had with my Spectre. That being the USB C connector repeatedly sliding out, resulting in a non-charging status.  This is quite frustrating.  Is there a fix provided from HP?

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,886 1,961 2,160
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FINAO,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Is the USB type C charger pin coming out of the port?
  • Is the USB type C port loose?
  • Have you tried with a different charger?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
FINAO
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the questions.  These are the same questions asked on other threads by HP Support. 

• When was the last time the computer was working fine? It never worked fine.
  • Is the USB type C charger pin coming out of the port? It disloges slightly, enough to stop charging.
  • Is the USB type C port loose?. No.
  • Have you tried with a different charger? Yes.
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting? Trying differnt chargers.

This is quite a prevalent issue. It's clearly not limited to an individual experience.

thx!

WG

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,886 1,961 2,160
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FINAO,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation