Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can not get HDMI to work after win 10 upgrade. All drivers updated. Windows took everything over. Any Ideas? Even Intel video is not listed anymore. It seems like everything went to Windows generic drivers??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I found something really good and was able to get everything to work. After going back to Intel 4600 driver it showed HDMI audio but no HDMI video. I get an Intel Graphics Control Panel when I right click display.  Once you plug in the HDMI to TV and audio works there is a setting under audio settings that says able/disable video, inside the control panel, uncheck it and video works going to the TV. HDMI video shows up after the HDMI cable is plugged in? There is a Intel site by Dave Taylor that really helps explain a lot about HDMI and hooking up to a TV. Kudos to him for explaining HDMI simply.  Also inside device manager go to view and click show hidden devices and there are a lot more settings for people to check. Hope this helps someone else with HDMI trouble.

The video that helped.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/tech-tips-and-tricks/dave-taylor-hdmi-article.html

Thanks for all your help!!! Bob

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

I suggest you reinstall the W10 Intel graphics driver and the audio driver from your notebook's support page.

The Creators update replaced the audio drivers on my PC's with generic ones too, and I had to reinstall the drivers to get full functionality back.

HP Recommended

w10  Intel graphics card is now generic. Updated anyway through update on properties in device manager, also updated the cyberlink's audio package drivers. Still no HDMI output. HDMI out bound doesn't even show up in device manager items. No HDMI any where? 4600 Intel device  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the W10 Intel graphics driver from the 17t-k100 model.  It has the same hardware but has a W10 Intel graphics driver...Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

10.18.15.4248 Rev.A   Aug 5, 2015

Windows 10 (64-bit) 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72044.exe

HP Recommended

Error Message: This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the softwre. Will not install, any other ideas?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Bummer.

I was really hoping that driver would have worked.

The only other easy suggestion I can offer would be to try the W8.1 Intel graphics driver from your PC's support page.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68117.exe

If that doesn't work either, I may have another idea...we gotta get this to work.

HP Recommended

Hi, didn't work and was told the same error message . I went back in my downloads and tried to reinstall sp 68117 version 4.0.100.1189, same, machine doesn't meet standards. It's like win 10 deleted my intel graphics card and info. HP updates doesn't even recognize Intel Graphics any more. Only NVidia comes up and that won't install. Why is Windows allowed to just take over HP installed hardware? And why isn't HP coming up with new drivers for windows 10? Now I am wondering what this "Creators" update is going to do to my computer. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

OK...time to get creative.

First of all you need to know if your notebook has the nVidia graphics.  Some k000's do, and some don't.

If you don't see an Intel and Nvidia display adapter listed under the display adapters device manager, then your notebook just has the onboard Intel graphics, which would explain why the nVidia graphics driver does nothing.

But having or not having the Nvidia graphics adapter is not the cause of your dilemma.

It is the fact that the gatekeeper program in the driver file is preventing the driver from installing because it thinks your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the driver.

So...we are going to try and bypass that gatekeeper and install the Intel graphics driver whether it likes it or not.

If you still have the first W10 driver folder I posted in C:\SWSetup\sp72044, we can proceed.

If not, download and run sp72044.exe again so the driver folder is created and close out of the error window.

The driver file does show support for the Intel HD 4600 graphics adapter.

Go to the device manager, and click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics driver listed there (or the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter if the driver is completely missing).

Click on the driver tab.   Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp72044\Graphics\108099, and see if the graphics driver installs that way.

If it does, restart the PC.

Then click to expand the Sound, game and video controllers device manager category.

In that category, you should see a Realtek HD audio (controls the notebook speakers) and an Intel HD audio (controls the audio out of the HDMI port).

Now, if you see the Realtek HD audio and a plain HD audio device, click on the plain HD audio device.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the browse my computer for driver software option again, and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp72044.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the Intel HD audio driver installs that way.

If everything installs, then you should now have HDMI video and audio.

HP Recommended

Hi, First went back and installed an old Intel driver SP 68117 and then device manager showed Intel Graphics HD Display Adapter 4600. Has Realtek HD audio but no HD video showing under sound/video/etc. Went through all your steps and computer came up Intel 5500 graphics, not compatible with your computer for SP 72044. Restarted computer.  So I then did the same steps with the device driver for SP 68117 following all your steps to do manually. Restarted computer and still has Realtek HD audio but still has no HD video? Tried hooking up to my TV changing HDMI inputs and still no signal. Tried video on HDMI 1, 2 & 3 with different cables. Until I can see HD audio in device manager I don't think anything will work for me. I have had it working before, I think after the Win 10 anniversary update it got changed. You have come up with good ideas, I think Windows is just some how blocking HD video?? Any other ideas?  Thanks for trying with me. Any one else have ideas? Going right to Intel graphic drivers be any good? Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas to offer, other than to reinstall a earlier version of W10 where it was working.

You should have had HDMI video with the Intel 4600 driver showing, but without the HD audio device showing up under the sound, video and game controllers device manager category, you will not have sound out of the HDMI port.

If you get neither, then something is really askew.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.