Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi! I have an HP elitebook 8440p. The battery meter says that my battery #2 is not present and when i unplug my computer is shuts off.  I've tried taking out the battery and replacing but that hasn't worked.  I read that re-installing the microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery may help but I wasn't sure if that applied to my situation.  Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello amj205. I understand that your battery is not being detected. Is this correct?

I do believe uninstalling the ACPI driver is a good place to begin. I combined this reinstallation with a hard reset so make sure to perform these steps exactly.

1. Open Device Manager (with both AC power and battery connected).
  2. Expand the battery section.
  3. Uninstall all compenants listed here.
  4. Shut down the notebook.
  5. Remove battery and AC power.
  6. Press and hold power button for one full minute.
  7. Replace battery ONLY.
  8. Boot the notebook and allow Windows to reinstall the drivers.
  9. Verify that this resolves the issue and post the result.

Let me know the result. I hope you have a great rest of the day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello amj205. I understand that your battery is not being detected. Is this correct?

I do believe uninstalling the ACPI driver is a good place to begin. I combined this reinstallation with a hard reset so make sure to perform these steps exactly.

1. Open Device Manager (with both AC power and battery connected).
  2. Expand the battery section.
  3. Uninstall all compenants listed here.
  4. Shut down the notebook.
  5. Remove battery and AC power.
  6. Press and hold power button for one full minute.
  7. Replace battery ONLY.
  8. Boot the notebook and allow Windows to reinstall the drivers.
  9. Verify that this resolves the issue and post the result.

Let me know the result. I hope you have a great rest of the day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended
It's back to normal! Thanks so much!
HP Recommended

Hello again amj205.  I am glad to hear that this resolved your issue.  Also, thanks for marking the post as solved.  This makes it easier for other users to find solutions to their problems.

You have a great rest of the week 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi I have the same problem where the battery reads 100% but it is not recognised once power cord is unplugged. My computer is a HP Pavilion zd8000,

How do I fix this problem on my laptop please

Kindest regards

Brett

HP Recommended

Hello Brett,

Please take a look at this document, which has links to several scenario's regarding the battery.  A couple of different ones sounded like they may help, so I'm sending them all to you instead of one specific one.

Try the Battery does not power notebook or hold a charge document first. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have also same issue & I have a question..........Is there any need of any CD softwere to reinstall the battery Softweres or windows will automatically install it?

KINDLY REPLY ANYONE....

HP Recommended
i bought an hp elitebook 8460p,when i click on de battery i see battery #1 charging and battery #2 not present.what do i do.
HP Recommended
my hp elitebook i5 keyboard other keys apart from my letter keys have changed,so can i change de keyboard settings to get all de actual keys when pressed.
HP Recommended

@Gideon1

Do you have this battery attached???

54241ca9f07a9_324543b[1].jpg

hp-6930p-batt_g3#2.jpg

That is the second battery.

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.