Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
no
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this - I tried it on my HP Elitebook 8540 but when I got to step 3 it wouldn't allow me to uninstall the Microsoft Composite Battery driver. I followed the rest of the steps but sadly it hasn't worked - do you have any other suggestions or a way that I can uninstall the Microsoft Composite Battery driver? I also checked for updates but there aren't any new ones available. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I too have bought HP Elitebook 8440p today, Battery looks new but am seeing Battery #2 Not Present. Battery #1 charging for past 2 hours and its still showing 0% charged.

Tried to follow the instruction as said in starting of the post but could not able to uninstall Microsoft Composite Battery from device Manager.

Could not move ahead with step 7 and 8. As the laptop could not boot using only the battery.Have to plug in the charger and boot the laptop but the same error persists.

Battery #1 Charging  0% Available

Batter #2: Not Present

Please suggest any workaround. If not let me know so that I will return this HP laptop.

HP Recommended
Sorry for waking this old thread up, please I have a problem I bought hp elitebook folio 9470m it has been workin well unroll I accidentally plugged it a different charger sch I consider to be a bad one immediately the pc screen turned off so I quickly unplugged it remove and replace the battery it shows charging but the battery discharge instead while plugged in when I check the power option it show battery one charging battery 2 no present and my pc gradually turned off any help please?
HP Recommended

Your recommendation worked well to a point. After following the instructions to the letter my Elitebook 8770w finally booted from battery! One problem, once again I have two identical Battery drivers in device manager as before. On my other laptops I only have one. Any idea what could be causing it to do that?

HP Recommended

Hi, i have tried the procedure but it restores and goes back to the same problem. It only charged for a few minutes and the light goes off and stops charging.

Battery # 1: 57% available (plugged in, not charging)

Battery # 2: not present

Please help

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.