Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
no
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this - I tried it on my HP Elitebook 8540 but when I got to step 3 it wouldn't allow me to uninstall the Microsoft Composite Battery driver. I followed the rest of the steps but sadly it hasn't worked - do you have any other suggestions or a way that I can uninstall the Microsoft Composite Battery driver? I also checked for updates but there aren't any new ones available. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I too have bought HP Elitebook 8440p today, Battery looks new but am seeing Battery #2 Not Present. Battery #1 charging for past 2 hours and its still showing 0% charged.

Tried to follow the instruction as said in starting of the post but could not able to uninstall Microsoft Composite Battery from device Manager.

Could not move ahead with step 7 and 8. As the laptop could not boot using only the battery.Have to plug in the charger and boot the laptop but the same error persists.

Battery #1 Charging  0% Available

Batter #2: Not Present

Please suggest any workaround. If not let me know so that I will return this HP laptop.

HP Recommended
Sorry for waking this old thread up, please I have a problem I bought hp elitebook folio 9470m it has been workin well unroll I accidentally plugged it a different charger sch I consider to be a bad one immediately the pc screen turned off so I quickly unplugged it remove and replace the battery it shows charging but the battery discharge instead while plugged in when I check the power option it show battery one charging battery 2 no present and my pc gradually turned off any help please?
HP Recommended

Your recommendation worked well to a point. After following the instructions to the letter my Elitebook 8770w finally booted from battery! One problem, once again I have two identical Battery drivers in device manager as before. On my other laptops I only have one. Any idea what could be causing it to do that?

HP Recommended

Hi, i have tried the procedure but it restores and goes back to the same problem. It only charged for a few minutes and the light goes off and stops charging.

Battery # 1: 57% available (plugged in, not charging)

Battery # 2: not present

Please help

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.