Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy dv6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Slowly the battery started not charging, the day before it happened it was charging, but only after waiting a bit with it plugged in, or I'd have to turn it off and keep the adapter in to plug it back in. When its on, the indicator light isnt on to signify charging and it isnt charging. When the laptop is off, and I plug in the ac adapter, it goes from a blue light, to a red light, then off in the same pattern, not charging at all. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the battery, the solder, or just the motherboard itself. I tried a new power supply and took out the battery as well, when its plugged in without the battery, pressing the power button will turn it on for a second, but it wont fully turn on and the charge light will also turn off when the whole thing turns off, but immidiately go back to the solid blue when its completely off with the battery out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ActingDemicky,

Have you completely replaced the AC Adaptor, cord and tried connecting to different power outlet? 

Try the steps in this document to see if they resolve the issue:

Win 8 and 10:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03513214

Thank you,

Jeorgie,

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ActingDemicky,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your battery is not charging on your HP Envy dv6 Notebook. And, I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi @ActingDemicky,

Have you completely replaced the AC Adaptor, cord and tried connecting to different power outlet? 

Try the steps in this document to see if they resolve the issue:

Win 8 and 10:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03513214

Thank you,

Jeorgie,

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.