Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6-w100 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One component was burned when I was replacing a SSD. Now, the screen is black. But the computer is working if I use a HDMI cable to connect it to an external monitor. The burned component is attached. I wonder how can I buy a new one to replace it. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The only means to acquire the component is to inspect the system board,  identify damaged component, purchase and replace the component  with the technique  of hot air soldering. An electrical engineer or electronics technician can do that easily, but the average laptop or ultrabook may find they do not posess the ability to do that.

You said the burned component was attached. I see no images attached to your thread. That makes it difficult to help you.

In my own opinion as a electronics technician,  I suggest that your best options is likely be either using the HDMI output on the laptop or sourcing a replacement laptop.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The only means to acquire the component is to inspect the system board,  identify damaged component, purchase and replace the component  with the technique  of hot air soldering. An electrical engineer or electronics technician can do that easily, but the average laptop or ultrabook may find they do not posess the ability to do that.

You said the burned component was attached. I see no images attached to your thread. That makes it difficult to help you.

In my own opinion as a electronics technician,  I suggest that your best options is likely be either using the HDMI output on the laptop or sourcing a replacement laptop.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Sorry that the link for the images was blocked by the system. Here are the images. I can tell this component was burned because I felt it was hot and it became black. Also, my wife has the same computer so I can compare and make the judgement. I have soldering equipment and experience as a PhD in Mechanical Engineering. If you tell me what is the burned one and how can I buy one, I can replace it by myself. Using a HDMI output is not portable considering this is a "laptop". It is unworthy to buy a new laptop only because one component is burned. I think it can be used for 5 more years after being replaced with a SSD.  I like this laptop!

burned component-zoom in.jpgburned component.jpg 

HP Recommended

If your wife has the  same notebook  that makes it simple, if your wife will put up with your opening up her notebook.

You are going to have to take a look at its system board and get the alphanumeric identifier from the face of the U5202 chip.

I do not have immediate access to the block diagram of the system board you have in hand. I won't make a promise that I can, but I may be able to locate one to find out which chip it is. Sourcing the chip should be simple depending on its availability from online distributors.

Nice find, by the way.

There should be a model designation on the system board somewhere. Please post it here in your next response.

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

Thank you so much! I tried to find the  model designation but I did not know where it is. Please try to help me find the block diagram and identify the identifier of that component. Thank you.

HP Recommended

If your wife has an identical nitebook you can use CPU-z to find the systemboard information. You couldboard. also get the company name and chip type from her system

CPU-z is at CPUID.com. it is an enthusiast utility that is safe and free. Use the motherboard tab to find the systemboard name and model.

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

Thank you for your recommendation. Detected by CPU-Z, the model of the motherboard is 806D (72.28) as the attached image shows.  

Thank you so much,

Channing

motherboard model.png

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a schematic diagram, block diagram or image that shows the U5202 component.

Your best bet, as I said before, is taking a look at the system board in your spouse's ultrabook.

That is if she is willing to let you do that.

I did see one HP p/n 811095-601 for sale $85.00 + $9.00 shipping on eBay.com

MOTHERBOARD UMA PH i5 WIN

HP does not give us, even as HP Experts, carte blanche to  access all of their information, as a great deal of it  is proprietary.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.