Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I had bought a Laptop (HP 2000-2d28tu) 6 months back. Unfortunately from last month its  CD/DVD ROM  is not appearing in any of the installed OSs i.e Win 7, Win 8 and Ubuntu also not in BIOS settings. Please suggest the appropriate advice ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would say it need to be replaced. It seems it would be under warranty if it is only 6 mos old. If not, the part is not too expensive and it is fairly easy to replace. Post back if you ned more help. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I would say it need to be replaced. It seems it would be under warranty if it is only 6 mos old. If not, the part is not too expensive and it is fairly easy to replace. Post back if you ned more help. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer wrote:

Thanks Huffer..

HP Recommended

dvd-rom not detected hp dvd-rom and external memorex dvd rom

HP Recommended

what part are you talking about? just swiched back to windows 7 64 bit was on windows 10 64 bit and it was the same. before i went to windows 10 i9 had no problem in this field. supposed i upgrade windows 7 . is it worth a try?

HP Recommended

The part I mean is the optical disk drive

HP Recommended

Deleted...

HP Recommended

Hi @V_Quirino,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the CD/DVD drive not being seen by Window 10. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you go back to Windows 7 as you said?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

... Deleted

HP Recommended

Hello - I thought I would jump in here rather than starting a new thread. I have the same issue. Here are the details of my situation:

I have an HP G7T31AV ZBOOK purchsed about 18 months ago. It came with Windows 7 Pro 64-bt. At the time everything worked fine. Around January I installed the Windows 10 PRO 64-bit upgrade. Since then the CD/DVD ROM Drive has not been recognized. When I put a disk in it and try to run/view the contents the drawer opens and I get a message to insert a disk.

I have a variety of driver options when I look at the driver upgrade page and I'm not sure where to start, what order to test//install them in, etc.

Here is what I have in the Storage section of the driver update list:

Alcor Micro Smart Card Reader Driver (American, International)

Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers (American, International)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (American, International)

HP 3D DriveGuard Software (American, International)

In addition, I have drivers in the Multimedia section, the BIOS section, the Firmware section and more! However, when I look at HP Support Assistant on my laptop, it shows no upgrades being required.

Note that when I open Device Manager, I see two (!) CD/DVD drives:

ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI Cdom Device

hp DVDRW SU208FM SCSI DcRom Device

Neither one of these lines up with the drivers available (listed above), which only adds to my confusion!

So - what do to? Where to start?

Thanks for your assistance,

Opher Banarie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.