Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax243dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam

I use  HP Omen 15-ax243dx  coire i7 7700 HQ laptop with a HDD  1TB.

Now I want to add a new SSD . Do I need to remove  the HDD first?

Can I install/ use both HDD and SSD ?

Can you recommend me some SDD that is compatible with this laptop?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it has a slot for an M.2 disk. Here is the Manual:

Manual

See pages 32-41

M.2 disk circledM.2 disk circled

So you can add an M.2 "gumstick" disk of either the PCIe/NVME type or SATA-III type and of those you want the former as they are much faster. The red circle shows where the M.2 disk goes when the back cover is removed. 

I actually have one of this model series Omens HP loaned me for my work here. Mine came with a 128 gig SATA M.2 and I replaced it with a 512 gig PCIe/NVME model. 

Here are the optional parts in the HP Service manual:

Generic SSD 128 GB 2280 M2 SATA-3 Value TL 827560-027

Generic SSD 256 GB 2280 M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMe TLC TL 847109-008

Generic SSD 512 GB 2280 M2 PCIe3x4SS NVMe TLC TL, not for products with AMD Radeon hybrid graphics 847110-007

This is the type of disk HP would provide if you ordered from them, but at a lower price:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MZVLW256HEHP-PM961-256GB-Internal/dp/B06VYJMLS8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qi...

Post back with any questions but please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes it has a slot for an M.2 disk. Here is the Manual:

Manual

See pages 32-41

M.2 disk circledM.2 disk circled

So you can add an M.2 "gumstick" disk of either the PCIe/NVME type or SATA-III type and of those you want the former as they are much faster. The red circle shows where the M.2 disk goes when the back cover is removed. 

I actually have one of this model series Omens HP loaned me for my work here. Mine came with a 128 gig SATA M.2 and I replaced it with a 512 gig PCIe/NVME model. 

Here are the optional parts in the HP Service manual:

Generic SSD 128 GB 2280 M2 SATA-3 Value TL 827560-027

Generic SSD 256 GB 2280 M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMe TLC TL 847109-008

Generic SSD 512 GB 2280 M2 PCIe3x4SS NVMe TLC TL, not for products with AMD Radeon hybrid graphics 847110-007

This is the type of disk HP would provide if you ordered from them, but at a lower price:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MZVLW256HEHP-PM961-256GB-Internal/dp/B06VYJMLS8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qi...

Post back with any questions but please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

Hello Huffer,

please can you give me advice ?

I want to buy new SSD to my OMEN by HP 15-ax243dx but I don't know which length i can use.

Does fit 80mm in this notebook ? And can i use faster PCIe slot ?

I'm thinking about SAMSUNG 960 EVO.

Thank You !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.