Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

90 days... You might want to talk to them if you're a few days over.

HP Recommended

Sadly I've opened the HP multiple times trying to get the m.2 to work.

HP Recommended

Return it to its original state, including any drivers...

I mean, it's not going to perform as you need it to and it goes to a refurbishment center anyway.

unfortunately, HP does not do a good job of configuring its computers for the current retail market.

Let your pocketbook speak.

HP Recommended

Here is how I got it to work....

Go into the Bios (F10 during system BOOT)

On the Boot screen - I ENABLED the Legacy Boot Devices. (power down)
Physically removed the 2.5 SATA 1TB HD that came with it from the device - careful pulling the ribbon cable off.
Install the M.2 SSD drive - ensure it is properly seated, and tighten the screw to hold it in place.
Reboot with a Win10 Image - Bootable Thumb Drive (created/downloaded from Microsoft)
Windows 10 installed on the M.2 SSD Drive (system boot time from power on to login screen - less than 10 seconds)

Next step will be to copy data from old Laptop - format OLD SSD Hard Drive and install as secondary in HP Laptop

I went into the BIOS, ENABLED the Legacy Boot devices, removed the SATA Hard Drive - and what do you know....
Windows 10 boots up in 9 seconds. 
Then I got to thinking.....Hmmmm - I have an extra 120GB SSD Drive I was not using.  Installed that into the HP, boot to Thumbdrive and install my WIN10 OS and then go back in, leaving bios alone - and install the 1TB M.2 SSD drive as my data drive.  Boot time is extremely fast - FINALLY.

HP Recommended

Here is how I got it to work....

Go into the Bios (F10 during system BOOT)

On the Boot screen - I ENABLED the Legacy Boot Devices. (power down)
Physically removed the 2.5 SATA 1TB HD that came with it from the device - careful pulling the ribbon cable off.
Install the M.2 SSD drive - ensure it is properly seated, and tighten the screw to hold it in place.
Reboot with a Win10 Image - Bootable Thumb Drive (created/downloaded from Microsoft)
Windows 10 installed on the M.2 SSD Drive (system boot time from power on to login screen - less than 10 seconds)

Next step will be to copy data from old Laptop - format OLD SSD Hard Drive and install as secondary in HP Laptop

I went into the BIOS, ENABLED the Legacy Boot devices, removed the SATA Hard Drive - and what do you know....
Windows 10 boots up in 9 seconds. 
Then I got to thinking.....Hmmmm - I have an extra 120GB SSD Drive I was not using.  Installed that into the HP, boot to Thumbdrive and install my WIN10 OS on it - then go back in, leaving bios alone - and install the 1TB M.2 SSD drive as my data drive.  Boot time is extremely fast - FINALLY.

HP Recommended

I did this, but I had the m.2 installed the whole time. Then I would reach the screen where the installer asks me to choose a driver and nothing was found. I don't think keeping the m.2 drive installed before the process would change anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.