Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

90 days... You might want to talk to them if you're a few days over.

HP Recommended

Sadly I've opened the HP multiple times trying to get the m.2 to work.

HP Recommended

Return it to its original state, including any drivers...

I mean, it's not going to perform as you need it to and it goes to a refurbishment center anyway.

unfortunately, HP does not do a good job of configuring its computers for the current retail market.

Let your pocketbook speak.

HP Recommended

Here is how I got it to work....

Go into the Bios (F10 during system BOOT)

On the Boot screen - I ENABLED the Legacy Boot Devices. (power down)
Physically removed the 2.5 SATA 1TB HD that came with it from the device - careful pulling the ribbon cable off.
Install the M.2 SSD drive - ensure it is properly seated, and tighten the screw to hold it in place.
Reboot with a Win10 Image - Bootable Thumb Drive (created/downloaded from Microsoft)
Windows 10 installed on the M.2 SSD Drive (system boot time from power on to login screen - less than 10 seconds)

Next step will be to copy data from old Laptop - format OLD SSD Hard Drive and install as secondary in HP Laptop

I went into the BIOS, ENABLED the Legacy Boot devices, removed the SATA Hard Drive - and what do you know....
Windows 10 boots up in 9 seconds. 
Then I got to thinking.....Hmmmm - I have an extra 120GB SSD Drive I was not using.  Installed that into the HP, boot to Thumbdrive and install my WIN10 OS and then go back in, leaving bios alone - and install the 1TB M.2 SSD drive as my data drive.  Boot time is extremely fast - FINALLY.

HP Recommended

Here is how I got it to work....

Go into the Bios (F10 during system BOOT)

On the Boot screen - I ENABLED the Legacy Boot Devices. (power down)
Physically removed the 2.5 SATA 1TB HD that came with it from the device - careful pulling the ribbon cable off.
Install the M.2 SSD drive - ensure it is properly seated, and tighten the screw to hold it in place.
Reboot with a Win10 Image - Bootable Thumb Drive (created/downloaded from Microsoft)
Windows 10 installed on the M.2 SSD Drive (system boot time from power on to login screen - less than 10 seconds)

Next step will be to copy data from old Laptop - format OLD SSD Hard Drive and install as secondary in HP Laptop

I went into the BIOS, ENABLED the Legacy Boot devices, removed the SATA Hard Drive - and what do you know....
Windows 10 boots up in 9 seconds. 
Then I got to thinking.....Hmmmm - I have an extra 120GB SSD Drive I was not using.  Installed that into the HP, boot to Thumbdrive and install my WIN10 OS on it - then go back in, leaving bios alone - and install the 1TB M.2 SSD drive as my data drive.  Boot time is extremely fast - FINALLY.

HP Recommended

I did this, but I had the m.2 installed the whole time. Then I would reach the screen where the installer asks me to choose a driver and nothing was found. I don't think keeping the m.2 drive installed before the process would change anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.