Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: HP 15-BS675TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi sir i have this model HP 15-BS675TX is support M.2 SSD both or single because am going to install 

(HP EX900 M.2 250GB PCIe 3.1 x 4 NVMe 3D TLC NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Max 2100 MBps)

Or supports 

Sata Ssds or NVMe PCIe Ssds or both 

Which options support my lap model

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Screenshot_20200119-213941__01.jpgScreenshot_20200119-214836__01.jpgYes sir i have M.2 port but i want to which ssd can support in below image snapshot in Amazon and i have attached with laptop motherboard

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe that your notebook can only support 2.5" SATA SSD's. 

You would have to replace the existing 2.5"  SATA hard drive with a 2.5" SATA SSD.

Here is the link to the service manual.  It states that M.2 SATA SSD's are supported, not nVMe.

But, if you look at chapter 3, there are parts listed for a SSD board and SSD bracket, and I think only those models that originally came with a M.2 SATA SSD would have those parts installed.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

I suggest you open up the PC and confirm the presence of a M.2 slot before buying a M.2 SATA SSD.

The crucial memory/SSD report for your notebook only lists 2.5" SATA SSD's are supported...

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-15-bs675tx

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20200119-213941__01.jpgScreenshot_20200119-214836__01.jpgYes sir i have M.2 port but i want to which ssd can support in below image snapshot in Amazon and i have attached with laptop motherboard

HP Recommended

Hi:

The service manual for your notebook that I posted above states that only SATA M.2 SSD's are supported.

HP Recommended

Sir thanks for your time, that means only Sata SSD M.2  supported otherwise M.2 NVMe not support right.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is correct.  NVMe drives are not supported according to the service manual.

HP Recommended

One question I have, for which I don't know the answer.

It would be very interesting to know what that M.2 X3 indicator means on the motherboard in your screenshot.

Could that mean the slot is M.2 PCIe x3? 

If so, that could mean it would support a NVMe drive.

HP Recommended

Sir did you mean it could support both M.2 SSD an M.2 NVMe? right.

HP Recommended

Yes, if that is what the M.2 x3 means.

But I don't know what it means.

The official HP service manual states only SATA 3 M.2 SSD's are supported.

HP Recommended

Sir many thanks for your response but please where can i conform it could support (NVMe) or not, because i have serched in this community some people tells support in 6th an 7th gen because i have 7th gen.

But in the manual TLC supported some spare parts mentioned, in this image also having TLC.

Screenshot_20200119-232409__01__01.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.