Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply

But, the m2.sata mentioned by rmhutchins in his link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGIVZTW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00, has three dips and you mention that yours has two dips

is yours the same as rmhutchins which has three dips or another one

Please help

HP Recommended

is yours 

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 3.5-Inch SSD (MZ-N5E500BW)

in this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGIVZTW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

or 

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB mSATA 2-Inch SSD (MZ-M5E500BW)

in this link

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-mSATA-2-Inch-MZ-M5E500BW/dp/B00TGIVVKU/ref=sr_1_20?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qi...

from your pictures it is the first one which has three dips

HP Recommended

As I know the first one called M2 and the second called mSATA

HP Recommended

Hello

Are you sure and confirm that HP Envy 17t the sisxth generation processor laptop n100 does not support PCIE, I was thinking of installing 

Samsung SM951 512GB

but if it does not support PCIE then thsi would be worthless and instead I would install 

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Thanks for reply

HP Recommended

Got my wife a new Envy 17t-n100 for Christmas and tried taking off the cover to install the m.2 sata 3 ssd.  The screws all came out easily except the 2 at the dvd disk player.  Tried all the screwdrivers that I had and even bought some more and all it did was strip out the philips head.  Anyone know how I can now get these screws out?  Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

I've tried all methods including the "Grabit" gel, rubber band and needle nose plier. Nothing worked. Finally I used the Dremel with the 545 diamond wheel to cut a thin slot on the screw and used a flat screw driver to take them out. The screw head is very thin so do not cut too deep - just enough for the flat screw driver to drive the screw out. This seems to be a common problem for people who order this model in December.

HP Recommended

What about the steel dust from the dremel ?  How did you protect the electronics?

HP Recommended

There is very minimal dust since it's not a deep cut. You may either tape the holes with masking tape or have a vacuum hose while you're cutting. Remember the screw head is very thin so do not cut deep. There is no electronic components under the screw so don't worry. As long as you do not cut through the screw you are fine.

HP Recommended

Do you have this same laptop and problem?  I was curious if these screws were loctited/epoxied in?  I do have a dremel so I will give that a try

HP Recommended

Yes I have the same model. It took me couples days to try out different solutions before making a cut on the screws. No the screws are not glued in. I had the same thought but I took my chance. Turns out they are just made from soft metal that get stripped easily.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.