Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-es0000 (268T5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I upgraded the SSD on an HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC  and am trying to install Windows 11 on it.  I can't install Windows 11 without the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver so I tried to install that driver from HP's website.  HP's website says according to this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4859717-4859823-16 to download the file and extract it before attempting to install it.  When I download the file from their website, I get an application file instead of a zip file that I can extract.  Therefore I can't install the file I do have onto the computer that I am attempting to install Windows 11.  What can I do to solve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my solution below for how to install the Intel RST driver:

Solved: Windows installation - HP Support Community - 8449063

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my solution below for how to install the Intel RST driver:

Solved: Windows installation - HP Support Community - 8449063

HP Recommended

The links in your post allowed me to successfully install the RST drivers.  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.