Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-es0000 (268T5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I upgraded the SSD on an HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC  and am trying to install Windows 11 on it.  I can't install Windows 11 without the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver so I tried to install that driver from HP's website.  HP's website says according to this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4859717-4859823-16 to download the file and extract it before attempting to install it.  When I download the file from their website, I get an application file instead of a zip file that I can extract.  Therefore I can't install the file I do have onto the computer that I am attempting to install Windows 11.  What can I do to solve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my solution below for how to install the Intel RST driver:

Solved: Windows installation - HP Support Community - 8449063

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my solution below for how to install the Intel RST driver:

Solved: Windows installation - HP Support Community - 8449063

HP Recommended

The links in your post allowed me to successfully install the RST drivers.  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.