Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I bought an Envy Touch laptop 15 months ago ( 3 months past warranty) The hinge is defective and cracks and splits from the bottom panel every time I open the screen. I've already sent it in to be repaired a couple months after I purchased it. But then it breaks again...and again. The product is clearly defective. Numerous other people have complained about it, as well.  HP customer service is a joke; it seems like once your warranty expires you can't reach anyone. I'm an attorney and look forward to suing HP for products liability. But in the mean time, does anyone know the best way to fix the hinge issue? is there a secret way to actually reach someone at HP? A place you can recommend I take it to be repaired? 

Thanks for any help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Erin24601

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works,this post has instructions.

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

@Erin24601

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works,this post has instructions.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Thank you! Much appreciated! 🙂 

HP Recommended

*Just wanted to update that I'm very pleased with HP's response! Within minutes I was contacted by a moderator, within 24 hours I was contacted by another HP rep who took my info, and I just receieved a call that they will be mailing me a box to repair my laptop at no cost to myself. 

So thumbs down on HP as a whole for using defective hinges that they know are defective and have been threatened with lawsuits since 2008 and for their previous shoddy repair that lasted barely a month. 

But big thumbs up on the HP staff for their efficient and friendly service to fix the error...again. (and of course I fully expect to have to have it fixed again in another month and then another after that)

HP Recommended

I'm also having a problem with the left hinge on my Envy TS 17 laptop.  I've never dropped this laptop - in fact, it hasn't been off the desk in months.  But now when I open it, I hear a crack and have noticed that the case is separated in the corner near the hinge.  I'm really disappointed to learn that this is a common Envy problem and would like to be able to get it fixed - preferably by me.  Please let me know what I need to do in order to get this taken care of.  Thank you!

Debbie M.

HP Recommended

@azdebbie

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue with my HP Envy 15t.   The computer is in fine working order but it appears the hinges have come undone from the bottom and the screen is no longer stable.  I am concerned that because of this defect further damage will result.  Help please!

HP Recommended

@wontonwrx

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same problem, 15 months old and a malfunctioning left hinge - never dropped or used by anyone else. Can you help?

Rob

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I bought my HP Envy Touch laptop on December 2014 and noticed a couple of weeks ago that the hinge on the left side is also defective. Can you help me too?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.