Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy m7-j020dx Touch Smart 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I open up the notebook now, the left side rear of the bottom case (below the left hinge) comes apart as the screen is lifted up to a viewing position. I have to press the left side rear of the bottom of the case together with the top side of the case to get the left side rear of the case closed. When I lower the screen, the left side rear of the case comes apart and stays apart until the screen is shut. I am able to close the left side rear of the case by pressing the top and bottom of the left side rear of the case together. The right side hinge and the right side rear of the case do not have this issue. This problem has started today. I have smartphone pics I can send if needed. The notebook and screen is operational. Just not sure what is going on with left hinge to force case apart on the left rear side of the bottom panel.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@ BigBud350,

Thank you for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

An issue with the Hinges. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

This forum is limited to software support only. I recommend you reach out phone support for any component replacements using the link below.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Hope this helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ BigBud350,

Thank you for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

An issue with the Hinges. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

This forum is limited to software support only. I recommend you reach out phone support for any component replacements using the link below.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Hope this helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.