Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianT
1 1 0 0
Message 51 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

External Dual Monitors and Laptop screen issue EliteBook 840 G3 and 2013 UltraSlim Dock (D9Y19AV#ABB

Moving my mobile away from the dock seems to have done the trick, worth a check.

0 Kudos
zvm76
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 52 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

External Dual Monitors and Laptop screen issue EliteBook 840 G3 and 2013 UltraSlim Dock (D9Y19AV#ABB

i only have problem with sim inside the sim slot and only on dock. external mobile phones doesnt affect the laptop at all. see latest post. looks like its not skylark after all

0 Kudos
weltvonaelx
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 53 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The same in our company,  some pc's have this issue and now not even a mainboard replacement fix this. 

Lucky for us it just a couple of pc's and all but still it is very annoying 

0 Kudos
Gazelli
2 2 0 0
Message 54 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Dear Folks

Please forget all the misspelled Words...I am German

After fighting several month with my Elite Book

All These Updates

All these hints i found MY Solution

I always ran my Notebook on my Docking Station  with my Notebook CLOSED !!

There seems to be a Problem to recognise an open or closed Display... So i gave my System the very last chance

I opened my Notebook so i had 3 Displays

Configured my display

I think its a loose contact causing the Problem

I hope this helps

Oliver

and it worked

No Trouble at all since 3 days now

I hope it will help somebody out there 🙂

0 Kudos
Gazelli
2 2 0 0
Message 55 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Two Weeks now without any Problems

Just leave the Notebook Display open ..thats it

0 Kudos
japeape
3 3 0 0
Message 56 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Worked for me as well, just leaving the screen up and have not had a single blackout since.

0 Kudos
Dissident
1 1 0 0
Message 57 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Had this problem, found this thread, then I remembered advice I had gotten. If you are having this issue and are using a docking port, make sure you are using one of the larger power supplies. As soon as I switched froma small power supply to one of those huge HP ones, problem went away!

0 Kudos
Funky1
2 2 0 0
Message 58 of 58
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same issue here. 

I am not using a dock, using the power supply that was supplied by HP with the laptop. 

Plugging a Displayport > HDMI cable directly in to the displayport, VGA cable in to the vga port. 

Leaving the notebook display open does not make any difference.

The VGA display will just randomly go blank and you need to disconnect it from the laptop and plug it back in. 

It will work again for a while then happen again a few hours later. 

When this happens, the display on the laptop also gets fuzzy due to what seemingly is not an ideal resolution. 

When trying the most current driver from Intel it says that you can't install their drivers and you need to use the ones supplied by HP.

Most current BIOS, most current driver from HP. 

Another oddity i've seen is that taking screen shots from Microsoft Office apps does not work. 

It changes the display in to a weird resolution where you can't see everything on the screen.

You need to use snipping tool as a workaround then copy/paste from snipping tool in to Office.

This should be unnecessary to add an extra step since Office had the ability to natively include screen shots. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation