Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Faulty Left Hinge on Pavilion X360

HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 Convertible 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 16 month old Pavilion x360 (so 4 months over the standard 12 month HP warranty - but well within the 2 year EU protection) the screen has started to bulge out of the frame in the left hand corner, and the frame has developed a hairline crack.

This device has had limited use, has never been dropped or roughly handled, and from memory has only been switched all the way into tablet mode about half a dozen times.

Having reviewed the boards it would appear that this is a long running and well known design flaw with the case/hinge, and accordingly I feel the repair should be picked up by HP.

How do you go about resolving this?

Regards,

Alan.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,919 27,873 2,302 3,499
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alan-Rodgers I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I own a HP Pavilion x360 that's experiencing a similar issue. The lower left corner of the display is peeling away from the frame. I have been gentle with the laptop especially when converting it to tablet mode, placing pressure in the top-middle of the frame rather than the corners. For now, the display is fully functional, but I am concerned the problem will continue to worsen to resemble the post above or similar threads. The laptop is 18 months old.

What would you recommend?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm afraid I'm still waiting on HP to pick up my query.

It seems to be a design flaw, and I can't see an obvious way to prevent it from worsening.

I believe they have redisigned the hinge on new models, but this leaves us with machines that without some fixing will ultimately be useless.

Here's hoping that HP acknowledge the problem and deal with their issue. 

Please let me know if you manage to get anywhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally got hold of an HP rep, to be basically told as it is over 12 months old they will do nothing for me.

I asked for the case to be escalated and got a very polite, and also very final response, that it wasn't anything to do with HP and that as they didn't work in the EU that they couldnt comment on any consumer legislation. 

To say I've been let down is an understatement, has anyone else had more joy or is this standard HP customer service? 

Build a substandard product, and then ignore any valid complaints, leaving the consumer out of pocket and very disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,128 16,088 683 751
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alan-Rodgers

Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yet another let down, no reply until I chased again, with the same answer "nothing we can do".

Shocking service and a complete disregard for customers. 

Guess I need to find the official complaints procedure.......

I hope others have more luck with this shoddy product. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,919 27,873 2,302 3,499
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alan-Rodgers I went through your last response and am trying to get more details on assisting you,

please wait while I get an update on the same.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation