Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In few days after a purchase of HP Omen laptop green tint appeared on the edges of the webcamera images (I added a photo of a white sheet of paper taken by webcamera to show what is going on).

The camera is HP Wide Vision HD Camera.

I've  tried all suggestions on HP Support Forum that I've found, but none of them worked:

• Webcam driver is up to date according to Windows' device manager
  • Issue persists in any webcam software (Windows 10 built-in camera software, Skype, CyberLink YouCam, ...)
  • BIOS is up to date
  • Disabling/Enabling and Deleting webcam in device manager
  • Different lighting, positioning...
  • Reinstalling drivers using HP Recovery Manager
  • others...

I think this is software issue, because initially after purchase everything worked fine. Then after software updates by HP Support Assistant issue appeared. Interesting thing is also that when I'm trying to update the webcamera driver the device manager says that it is up to date, but the version is dated by year 2006.

PhotoCamera.jpg

I've found that I'm not the one who has this issue. Check this link:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/WebCam-HP-15-ce013np/td-p/6427...

But there was no any solution.

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@F3DoT,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with webcam image quality issues. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after any power outage or surge?
  • Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the computer to assist you better.

It may be a hardware issue with the webcam also.

To eliminate the issue of not being hardware related please try these steps:

• As you’ve tried updating the webcam drivers and tried using it in different apps and the issue still persists, please create a new user account as an administrator  from this link: https://hp.care/2rZfJBC

• Now check if the issue persists:
  • If it does, then please backup your important data and perform a Microsoft push-button reset from this link: https://hp.care/2toQrBj
  • Now check if the issue gets resolved.
  • If the issue persists, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2wFq8ob (HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) if it has not been done already.
  • Please make sure to update the bios and chipset drivers also from https://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Also, ensure that HP support assistant has updated all the drivers.
  • If the green tint continues, then please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced or the camera replaced as it could be hardware related.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

issue. (HP PCs - No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting)

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Good Luck and keep me posted. I wish you well and will keep a watch for your response.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@F3DoT,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with webcam image quality issues. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after any power outage or surge?
  • Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the computer to assist you better.

It may be a hardware issue with the webcam also.

To eliminate the issue of not being hardware related please try these steps:

• As you’ve tried updating the webcam drivers and tried using it in different apps and the issue still persists, please create a new user account as an administrator  from this link: https://hp.care/2rZfJBC

• Now check if the issue persists:
  • If it does, then please backup your important data and perform a Microsoft push-button reset from this link: https://hp.care/2toQrBj
  • Now check if the issue gets resolved.
  • If the issue persists, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://hp.care/2wFq8ob (HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) if it has not been done already.
  • Please make sure to update the bios and chipset drivers also from https://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Also, ensure that HP support assistant has updated all the drivers.
  • If the green tint continues, then please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced or the camera replaced as it could be hardware related.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

issue. (HP PCs - No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting)

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Good Luck and keep me posted. I wish you well and will keep a watch for your response.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply.

As for your suggestions:

• Everything was OK with power, the machine is always shut down using Windows Shut Down feature.
  • Product name: OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
  • Product #:  2ME71EA#ABF
  • Creating new administrator account didn't help. Green tint is still present when I try different apps from the new account
  • BIOS and Chipset drivers are up to date
  • I've already tried all necessary steps from the webcamera troubleshooting link. Neither of them solved the issue

All is left is to try the push button reset. But I can not try it now, because I need the machine working (I was able to test the new account quickly, but I need to finish some work before resetting the machine).

I'll try it on weekend and keep you updated.

If it won't work, I'll contact the technical support for a camera replacement and of course post the result here.

Thank you once more.

HP Recommended

@F3DoT,

It is nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the update and your patience and time are greatly appreciated. You've displayed terrific persistence, superb technical skills coupled with an immaculate attitude to try and resolve the issue, Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 

Please try the steps to perform the reset and get back to me with the results. Break some good news that is music to your ears and mine. Keeping my fingers crossed. 🙂  I genuinely hope the product works great and lasts you a long time. You are a valued HP customer and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you and terrific to work with you. Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you bykeeping your best interest in mind. If it is a hardware issue the only route to go is to contact hp phone support.

If this helps. to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again!

This is the answer to the private message I recieved recently. Feel free to delete it if you want and can in order to keep the thread without unnecessary information.

It has been only two days since you suggested a solution. As I already wrote in my last reply, due to the fact that I'm using the laptop in my work, I had not tested the reset yet. I'll do it on weekend and post the result in the thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice week.

HP Recommended

@F3DoT

It looks like you were interacting with DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Please perform the Reset at your convenience and keep us posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

So, I performed the reset and it is sad to say that nothing changed.

Actually something weird has happened. After the reset it became almost OK!!! The green tint was slightly visible only at the very edges of the image. But 30 minutes later during a Skype call it suddenly become very green again.

I think will contact technical support for a camera replacement.

Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

@F3DoT

Thanks for keeping us posted. Since the issue persists, I suggest you contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@F3DoT,

It has been terrific working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.  You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.