Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Microsoft doesn't  know how to solve the issue either. They tell you to contact HP.

HP Recommended

How can i solv this problem?

HP Recommended

I just got about three weeks ago a new laptop. Yesterday the screen was not turning on, it was running, I could see the mouse but the rest was just black, as if the system was off. 

The night before this system was updating so I let it run itself as usual. When I turned it back on that is the suprirse I got. When I tracked the updates, it shows about this specific issue that failed to install...

Here it is what it says (word for word)

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

HP Development Company, L.P. -System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247. 

Like another user said that does not want to hide it, what if it becomes an important update? I agree. I do not want to hide it but I am wondering if this is causing the issue with the screen. Has anyone has similar issues?

Besides of having a new bran laptop, it is very frustrating to find out it already starts having an issue.... which just came after the system updates.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. After the update failure, i have a black screen for like 15 minutes and than it seems to start. Uninstalling isnt possible, also several driver reinstalls/updates doesnt help.
After dodging it, it still got forced onto me yesterday. Safe starts and fixes etc. wont help. HP needs to fix this quick.

For me it is also a laptop that is 3-4 weeks old. Very frustrating...

HP Recommended

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

HP Recommended

Dear Nivalis

I got the same symptom, too. (black screen, need to wait 10-15 mins, then the desktop show)

There is a temp solution. (don't need to wait 10-15 mins) you can try it.

Bypass method :

1. Black Screen, press "ctrl+shift+esc", the "Task Manager" will pop up.

2. Click "FILE" => "Run New Task" => Key-in "services.msc", the "Services" will pop up.

3. Find the "App Readiness", right click to list or click the icon to stop this services.

4. The black screen symptom can be pass right away.

HP Recommended

Open Device Manager

Device manager/System Devices/HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor

Right click and choose Update Driver

Select Search automatically for updated software

Worked perfectly and installed version 6.0.21.1

HP Recommended
@Hansa11 Lucky you. For many of us this simply does not work. No error messages, but when you check the driver details nothing has changed.
HP Recommended
@RexLi
Thanks for the work arround. I disabled the service and my laptop starts up normaly again.

Hopefully theyll fix this fast.
HP Recommended

In Windows 10 update the problem is solved by installation this update,

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 9/23/2016 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.19.1
The installation is completed on 15-09-2017

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.