Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j109tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop model a few years ago. It has had several issues since then.
While in warranty period itself, both my screen hinges became loose/broken and I had to get them changed.

>> Post that the laptop has had display issues, touchpad issues, keyboard issues, speaker issues. One time I even had smoke coming out of the Fan area because of some plastic piece!!! 
I have never used the laptop haphazardly and always picked up from both the sides so I believe it's not a usage fault and it's never fallen down or something. I think It's a design fault.
I am told the company has stopped manufacturing the spare parts for this laptop, which doesn't make sense. Shouldn't the company be concerned about getting so many complaints about the ENVY series and make better - newer parts? I need a solution to this, what do I do!?? Help me get a proper fix, please.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ym68

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I would like to ask - approximately how much time would it take? 

I shall post updates on any solution, if I get any, to help others experiencing the same issue with their laptops.

The hinges of these laptops have been a major problem and I hope to see my issue taken care of fairly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.