Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I’ve already know there are a lot of pepple who have the same problem. I was noticed this product   is supposed to be supported SMART function as indicated on the package and so far I never received any satisfied answer. I have no idea why HP is ignoring customers’ inquiries like that. Please explain it. This is NEVER only my problem. Already tremendous people experience the same one and HP have to answer. 

HP Recommended

HP should recall their SSD. What if one day this SSD heats up and there is no warning on the temperature rise in the computer as it's showing a constant 54C, and it causes fire and burn my house?

HP Recommended

@Wheyluhai

I recieved the exact same message about the temperature being within normal operating temp. I also responded that that isn't the problem but the fact that the temperature wasn't reporting correctly or changing at all. I'm pretty concerened with HP's ability to solve this problem especially since I doubt they will push out a firmware update that we will have access to.

HP Recommended

I received the same response. That's very irresponsible.

I questioned them and this is what I heard back:

"Since it is currently running at a normal temperature, I would not worry. If there were to be a thermal event you would reach out at that time. "

HP, are you treating your customres like idiots? Should i only reach out when my house burns down?

HP Recommended

I would really rather this thread not die. HP if you would only provide us with a means to upgrade the firmware (as far as I'm aware it seems like this would be remedied with an easy firmware upgrade) that would fix all the problems. Is there anything you can do? I have started processing a return through my  retailer but would love it this could just be fixed because I really do like the drive.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue on my HP 1TB EX920 with product number 2YY47AA#ABC I bought from Rakuten. It just shows 54C degrees no matter what, whether idling, writing a ton of files, or being burned alive in a fire. The sensor or firmware is clearly broken.

The completely wrong temperature reading is the least of my worries though, as the performance is subpar and faulty. When opening regular video files it can take several seconds for the file to play, and during playback, it actually stutters sporadically. Seeking through the video causes sporadic second long freeze-ups. My secondary drive, which is a western digital green drive that is only SATA, is actually much faster and smoother than this one playing the same video files and it never hangs or stutters when opening. When opening folders with only a few files in them, sometimes I will get the windows "working on it" message that can take five seconds or longer to show my files. This is ridiculous. The only time I encounter this is with really old and slow flash drives or microsd cards. There are also a lot of random hiccups and stutters on my system that involves accessing the drive. It gets even more stuttery when I have a file operation performing in the background like slowly downloading some files. Also, my sequential read speed has dropped drastically. When I first tested the drive with crystaldiskmark after a clean windows install, I could get 3000MB/s sequential read. After only a few days I can only get 1900-2000MB/s with repeated runs. That is a 33% drop in performance. With all the hiccups and stutters and delays it is way worse than a cheap SATA WD Green drive and I daresay, even slower than a mechanical hard drive.

I would love to return the drive but I had bought it three months ago for a system build and didn't get a chance to install it until just a few days ago. What other course of action can I take if HP is ignoring the issue and not providing any suppport at all or warranty? I mean, how are you suppose to file for a warranty claim if the serial number and the product number doesn't even exist on their support websitee? The manual with warranty information that came with the EX920 box says to go to support.hp.com. Sure as hell doesn't lead to anywhere. Even installed the HP support assistant to scan my computer which detected nothing.

Where can I file a claim, or file a complaint with the government? I know not providing warranty, especially with the claimed 3 years + 2 years shown on the retail box, is illegal.

HP Recommended

Getting the same worthless response.

"While further researching your question I have found some great information so you no longer need to worry or be concerned. Per my research online I found that Most SSDs are rated for running within a temperature range of 0ºC up to a max temp of 70ºC (32ºF to 158ºF). This temperature is completely normal. "

HP Recommended

I got another response telling me that the monitoring software was wrong and that it was working as intended... I don't think so HP as this is clearly an ongoing issue and happens with every monitoring software out there. I asked if they had software they were using that showed the correct temp although I doubt that. Also, it looks like an older firmware version didn't have this problem. I'm sure the newer one fixed some outstanding issue but broke temp monitoring in the process. Unfortunatley there is no idication that HP will ever provide firmware updates directly to consumers.

HP Recommended

This specifically seems to be a problem with newer EX920s that are running the SVN139B firmware. Older drives ran the SVN105 which was also used on older SX8200s; newer SX8200s and the S11 Gammix (both from ADATA) now use SVN139B but do not have this problem. So it's an issue with HP's implementation or hardware.

I regularly post over at Reddit as a SSD expert and this is one of my most-recommended drives. If this issue cannot come to resolution I will have to reluctantly remove it from my buying guide and recommend against it, as people were already concerned about a lack of software and direct warranty. Support for the drive is obscure at best. I'm posting here to bring details to light about this specific problem - as I own a EX920 and other drives that share similar hardware - and I think it's concerning enough to warrant a proper response from HP.

HP Recommended

OH MY GOODNESS IT IS NEWMAXX!!!! You sir are a legend. Thank you for all you do for the SSD buying community! :clap:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.