Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 440 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ProBook was working with a USB-C Dock G3 to connect two hp monitors, keyboard and mouse.

It stopped working recently i.e. screens no longer displayed, no longer charging etc.  Work purchased a new dock and the problem continued. 

The dock works correctly for another HP ProBook 440 G5 in the office, so the problem appears to be with my laptop, not the dock.  I have upgraded to the latest USB-C dock G3 firmware but this has not fixed the problem.  The screens display correctly when plugged directly into the laptop via HDMI and VGA.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

NB: my USB 3.0 (standard connector) dock at home works perfectly.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

The dock works correctly for another HP ProBook 440 G5 in the office, so the problem appears to be with my laptop, not the dock.

HP Recommended

Hi EJ75, can you tell me what was wrong with your laptop? I'm having the same problem since a few days and want to know what I can do to fix it.

Tnx for your help.

HP Recommended

@PascalDesmet Welcome to HP Community!

• Please let me know which all devices you are unable to connect with USB-C Dock G3.
  • Have you tried to update the firmware and checked?
  • Are you getting any error messages? 

Please try to update the firmware and check.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196,

I tried to install the firmware but got this error message: ApplicationFrameHost_1ybZl0Ncsx.png. The docking station was plugged in. Even more, when I plug it in or out, Windows makes a sound noticing hardware is added or removed.

Mouse and keyboard connected to the docking work.

External screen isn't working.

Battery of my laptop is no longer charging.

My laptop is a ProBook 450 G5, product number: 2UB66EA#UUG and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version: 18362.476 installed.

The docking station is Hp Elite USB-C Dock G4, P/N: L13899-001, SPS: L16133-001, SN: TWP80415B0

Kind regards,

Pascal

HP Recommended

@PascalDesmet

Thank you for the update.

To resolve this issue, perform Windows Update to update the USB-C hub driver.

1. Click Start.

2. Select All Programs.

3. Select Windows Updates.

4. Select Check for updates.

5. The Windows Update tool will scan for updates you have not installed.

6. Click Install Updates.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows Update process.

Keep us posted,

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Windows updates performed, no change. Still not charging and external screen not recognized.

In the device manager overview there is no device with an exclamation mark, all is OK.

What else can I check ?

kind regards,

Pascal

HP Recommended

@PascalDesmet

• Have you tried the docking station to a different laptop and checked?
  • Please try to connect the monitor with different cables and check

Keep us posted,

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

when I connect the screen directly to my laptop, it works fine. So cables are OK.

If all goes well, I can test the docking station with another laptop sometime this week.

I'll keep you posted.

kind regards,

Pascal

HP Recommended

@PascalDesmet

Please try to connect the docking station to a different laptop and check. If you are getting the same issue, please get back to us.

Keep us posted,

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.