Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day to the community

I own this small beautiful notebook, which came with a 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD (system drive). Due to its frequent use, it has become almost necessary to replace its system drive with a higher capacity one, preferably with a 512GB or even with a 1TB one.

I know that the notebook may seem a little obsolete, however it is in very good condition, like new, and it is still very well performing. It would be a pity to decommission it now. In fact, I am willing to keep it running for quite a longer period.

My questions:

1. I have seen that HP had been landing these models with 128/180/256GB SSDs, but today, that we have larger capacities, why not to get a larger drive? Will this be a problem?

2. Although the previous EliteBook Revolve 810 G1 model was provided by HP with instructions how to replace its system drive, there are no instructions for the model G3, like mine. Will it be possible for me to replace the drive, or would I be in front of inaccessible parts and unsurpassed problems?

Note 1:

There is no warranty problem, since its warranty time has been expired.

Note 2:

My skills are well above moderate and I have no problem using any kind of tools. What I am missing though are the "how to" instructions for disassembling and accessing internal parts, to get the work done. Any help (written or video instructions) would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Technology and engineering lover
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

However, I don't understand why you are asking for disassembly instructions, when I provided the link to the service manual.

Chapters 4 - 6 of the service manual provide the disassembly instructions for each component that can be removed and replaced, including the M.2 SSD.

The specific instructions to remove and replace the SSD can be found in chapter 5, pp 36 & 37.

There are no service videos for that model.

I'm sure you could install a 1 TB M.2 SATA SSD in there.  Those were just the SSD capacities offered by HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the manuals section for your model.

The first item listed is the service guide.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-revolve-810-g3-tablet/7429241/manuals

According to chapter 1 of the manual, HP did offer 512 GB SATA M.2 SSD's in your notebook's model series.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul, for your suggestion. I had not seen that, indeed. In fact, I had the impression that the SSD capacities I mention above, were the only ones. When I was trying to find some information, some links had led me to these numbers. It was insufficient information, of course.

However, the question for using an even larger capacity SSD (1TB) still remains.

More importantly, the questions for a "do-it-yourself" replacement are still valid, both, the difficulties for accessibility and the availability of instructions (written or in a video format).

The help of anyone in the community will be more than helpful.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

However, I don't understand why you are asking for disassembly instructions, when I provided the link to the service manual.

Chapters 4 - 6 of the service manual provide the disassembly instructions for each component that can be removed and replaced, including the M.2 SSD.

The specific instructions to remove and replace the SSD can be found in chapter 5, pp 36 & 37.

There are no service videos for that model.

I'm sure you could install a 1 TB M.2 SATA SSD in there.  Those were just the SSD capacities offered by HP.

HP Recommended

Ah, thanks, Paul!

👍👍

I haven't - yet - gone through the entire manual, therefore I have not yet located the instructions.

I will see them in detail and I will follow them, of course.

Once more, thank you so much.

Panagiotis Melas

Kallithea-Athens

Greece

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Crucial offers a compatible 1 TB M.2 SSD for your model, in case you wanted help with finding one.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/elitebook-revolve-810-g3

HP Recommended

So many thanks, again!

I tried your link, but it did not go directly to a compatible SSD.

However, searching through the Crucial site, I found the 1TB SSD, proposed for my laptop.

I presume that you are also suggesting the same. It is the following:

https://eu.crucial.com/ssd/mx500/ct1000mx500ssd4/ct11445779

Am I correct or not?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is the same model offered on the USA site...

https://www.crucial.com/ssd/mx500/ct1000mx500ssd4/ct11445779

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, for your help.

I consider my case solved and this is my last message to this thread.

Wishing you health and prosperity, and stay away from the CoVid-19 trouble.

All the best

Panagiotis Melas

HP Recommended

You're most welcome, Panagiotis.

My best wishes to you for the same!

Stay well!

Best Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.