Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 Convertible 15m-bp112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I opened my Envy 360 today, the left hinge made a crunching noise. The bottom of the screen has split. Searching online, it seems this is a very common problem for the HP Envy.

Very disappointing.  I've had 3 consecutive HP laptops that have each lasted at least 5 years, but this one is my fourth HP laptop and it's only 1.5 years old. Out of warranty. I don't use it as a tablet, so I'm not flipping it around all the way.  I'm in a panic because I use this for work (self-employed), it's my busy season,  and I can't do without a laptop. Nor can I afford a new one after spending so much on this one. 

Will someone at HP please contact me about this?  Can it be fixed? Or am I stuck with a useless laptop?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hmm that doesn't sound good I don't know anything about  the envy laptop but that's  something that may or may not be fixable. I hope someone with more knowledge can help.

Thomas Lohse
Long time HP user owner and supporter
HP Recommended

@GMFLa I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Requested info given thru private msg 8/29. 

Also want to mention that when I opened the laptop and the hinge broke, several very small bits of hard, grey plastic fell out. 

So what happens now? Will someone at HP be contacting me abt repairs?

How long will it take and how much will it cost?

Should I go ahead and have both hinges replaced? Because if the left one has already  broken, I'm assuming the right one will break soon.

HP Recommended

I also have a noise problem and a split screen with my HP ENVY, not even two years old. Also, out of warranty. NO HELP FROM HP. No help from Best Buy (out of warranty, out of luck they told me, then added I probably got a defective model).  I also need this laptop it for work. The noise is so bad I have been tempted to throw it out the window in sheer frustration. Instead, I put on very loud WHITE NOISE, with crashing waves and birds singing in the background.....but I don't know how much longer I can take it.

It's particularly annoying because this is a common problem that HP must surely be aware of yet they do nothing to solve it. Next computer won't be an HP.

HP Recommended

@JudithAdene

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.