Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Touchsmart 17

I am a college student using an HP Envy TouchSmart 17 Notebook. I have had the laptop for almost 2 and a half years. It is no longer under warrenty. The left hinge is broken and causing the platic to split when I open my computer. This is frustrating because I take good care of my computer. I have read about several people who have had the same problem. I am not sure how to go about getting it fixed so that I can continue to use my laptop. I have always enjoyed the quality of HP products but am a bit frustrated with the hinge breaking so easily. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BWilliams2296

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@BWilliams2296

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This has now caused my fan to stop working. Extremely frustrated and disappointed in the quality of my computer. Hopefully there is a way to get this fixed. I am afraid to continue using my computer... 

HP Recommended

HP has amazed me with their customer service. I was contacted by their customer service about my problem. Within days, I had a box delivered to me so that I could ship my computer to be repaired. I am extremely pleased wih the repair and how I was treated throughout the experience. 

HP Recommended

I am running into a similar problem with my HP Envy TouchSmart 17.   I usually leave it with the top open, but recently noticed that whenever I open or close the laptop the left side of the bottom pops open.  When I press it back together it will not stay together.

I seem to notice similar threads, but I am wondering what HP is doing about this popping/hinge broken issue  as I want to keep using this laptop as it does what I need it to do and I don't have the budget to replace it.  😞

Thanks appreciate any advice on how to fix this issue cheaply and quickly.

HP Recommended

@ktyang88

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have also had my left hinge break on my HP Envy Touchsmart 17" and happy that you had it taken care of. I am in the same situtaion you are in because my warrenty doesn't work anymore. I have had mine for nearly 3 years and it snapped just last summer, which I thought was my fault, however after doing a lot of research it looks like it's a common problem

HP Recommended

I have also run into this problem and have posted my own complaint about it. 

Anything you can do to help?

HP Recommended

Hi danny-r,

Other than responding to someone requesting the same information that I have already posted, no one has reached out to me to resolve the issue.  :mansad:

HP Recommended

Don't give up. 

The HP Support staff and the repair depot refused to repair my device but [edit]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.