Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy X2 Detachable PC 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have searched across this site and other forums and have yet to find a solid answer to this question even though numerous users are having the same issue.

This keyboard has worked fine for me for about two years, but now all of a sudden it will not hold a charge.  Even after turning the keyboard off, plugging into the tablet for 24 hours, and then turning back on, the keyboard only works for about five minutes.  

I can only assume that this is an issue with the power going from the tablet to the keyboard, but when trying to update any drivers related to batteries or the keyboard it says I already have the latest driver.  Please help because I'm essentially stuck with only using a tablet for a computer as of right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @BostonCross,

Thank you for the quick reply!

You have indicated that after a period of about 2 years, you seem to be having hardware related issues with the keyboard.  Thus, if this is correct, you should consider contacting HP Phone Support.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @BostonCross,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the keyboard issue, and wanted to assist you!

There are not many solutions for this type of issue.  You can try restoring the BIOS, using the following document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

If you are still having trouble, then you may consider contacting HP Phone Support, for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I'm sorry, are you saying that there is simply no way to fix an issue that numerous customers have commented about in this forum?  That seems to me that it sounds like HP is selling a product known to be defective... 

HP Recommended

Hello @BostonCross,

Thank you for the quick reply!

You have indicated that after a period of about 2 years, you seem to be having hardware related issues with the keyboard.  Thus, if this is correct, you should consider contacting HP Phone Support.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.