Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I purchased my laptop in December 2020 and the right hinge just broke (July 2022). I called the HP tech support, they said I could send it in and expect to pay something between $250-350. It is very upsetting to hear that this seems to be a common issue that customers experience, yet we are expected to pay for this? This should not be happening to a $1000+ laptop. I am curious to receive a private message as well to see how HP is trying to solve this. Please reach out to me, thanks. 

HP Recommended

@briflo1

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi mate pls how do I get in contact with a personnel of   hp support . I have a hinge issue with a newly bought envy x360. Please someone should help

HP Recommended

Same issue for me also!  

HP Recommended

Mine just did this as well! Very Very upset. So, the only way to fix this is buy a new screen ? Or new laptop? I thought I researched this laptop and I paid a lot of money. How do they not have a way to correct this as it is a known issue?

HP Recommended

Did you ever fix yours?

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake! Now I have this same issue with my laptop, including out-of-extended-warranty by 1 month. Kindly let me know how I can go about the repair. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Huh-Envy

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd like to help! 

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello NIRVANA_95. Model is 13-ay0055cl. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.