Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

https://www.mediafire.com/?mbb8jkusmh6amns

This is 2961, also from Lenovo.

HP Recommended

thank u for the help...i really appriciate it

hardwre id did not change and reflashing was not successfull with tm2961 as it stopped responding at 99%..tried several times.

Thank You

Nikhil

HP Recommended

When the computer misbehaves like this, switch off and take the battery out and press the power button on for 15 seconds to discharge any charge, then reconnect power and battery and restart.

However, I wish you luck in your search. Also try to search for a tool that can dump the firmware from a healthy laptop so that you can flash it.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I just remembered that you may have to uninstall and reinstall the Synaptics drivers again after the flash.

Also, I noticed that sometimes the first install fails. If that happens, reboot and reinstall without uninstall.

HP Recommended

hey guys

is there anyway to extract firmware img file from sp66500

also synaptics touchpad board id is tm-2690

Driver ids are

ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_1EB8
ACPI\SYN1EB8
*SYN1EB8

any help would be gr8...thanks

HP Recommended

so I flashed a bad firmware and I used your step here to try and understand my model to find the right firmware however TM-0 is coming back as my board ID - any tips?

Lrmulli

HP Recommended
Hi i have this some problem can write me Agata you doping with this problem?
HP Recommended

@Sylwester

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting touchpad issue on HP ENVY m6 notebook. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile:

• Update the driver through Windows Update.
  • Click here and follow the last step in the document to update the driver.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

System: Windows 10 64bit

Driver touchpad: 18.1.7.8

Touchpad id: TM2960

Device ID: ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_1EB8

My probem is not drivers.

I update windows to Windows 10 and after update i have big problem with stability work touchpad like lot of people. Search many time update firmware for touchpad and find package SP65951 after unpack software automaticaly run and made up update firmware. After flash i see that firmware is for HP Folio and my touchpad not working. To this day i not find corect firmware for my touchpad.

Can you help me?

HP Recommended

@Sylwester

Thanks for the reply.

• Firmware for windows 10 operating system is not available.
  • As an alternate, you can use HP Support Assistant to check for any software updates for your computer.
  • Click here to download and install the HP Support Assistant software.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.