Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-ac180nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade the 2GB RAM of my HP Notebook - 14-ac180nd (ENERGY STAR). Is it possible to replace the 2GB card for a larger RAM like 8GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you did not pick up on that, the answer is no. Since you have the Celeron model the memory is soldered on the motherboard, and is not removeable or upgradeable. Sorry. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @JoseMaes,  

Welcome! By joining into the HP Support Forums, you now have access to many community members with solutions and suggestions to help. I understand that you are inquiring about RAM upgrading on your HP Notebook - 14-ac180nd (ENERGY STAR). 

Here is the HP 14 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. The following information is contained in the document: 

Supports up to 2 GB max on-board system memory (Celeron processors only).

Source: Page 2 Chapter 1 Product description

You will see that your HP Notebook - 14-ac180nd (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications say that the processor in your Notebook is: Intel® Celeron® N3050 with Intel® HD Graphics (1.6 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)

Others joining in might have the same issue and if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others please click the Accept as Solution button. You can also say thanks or give a virtual high five easily by clicking the Thumbs Up.

Thank you for joining in! Let me know if that works for you. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

If you did not pick up on that, the answer is no. Since you have the Celeron model the memory is soldered on the motherboard, and is not removeable or upgradeable. Sorry. 

HP Recommended

I like to know About the HDD ? Can i upgrade my hdd in this notebook? If Yes where shuld i look for iT?

hp 14-ac180nd. 

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.