Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 (2020) i7 16GB 512GB RTX2070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I bought my new Omen (HP OMEN 15 (2020) i7 16GB 512GB RTX2070) on 5.02.2020, so less than a month ago. I have been very happy with it playing games on Steam (Dota) until today when my FPS on Dota was 11 (it had been 100 previously). I have done everything from Windows update, BIOS update to driver updates. But I noticed that the NVIDIA control panel returns and error "An NVIDIA graphics card was not detected in your system" and when I look at the Omen Command Centre the GPU also shows temperature as 0. In device manager I cannot see my GPU. So I assume this means that my notebook is no longer detecting my GPU. What should I do? Is there any way to fix it at home or should I just take it for warranty repairs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had this issue too yesterday. It's because windows update and driver error. Go to device manager and check in list you'll find PCI Express with yellow warning. You have to press right click and update drivers.  After that you're PC will be able to 'see' gpu again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I had this issue too yesterday. It's because windows update and driver error. Go to device manager and check in list you'll find PCI Express with yellow warning. You have to press right click and update drivers.  After that you're PC will be able to 'see' gpu again.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem since yesterday after updating. My GPU is lost.. 

I too have a PCIe controller that does not work (intel controller x16), but like you said updating my driver automatically will not work... could you please help?

thank you!

HP Recommended

Hey, 

I went to device manager, found the line with the yellow triangle, uninstalled that driver, restarted PC and ran windows update and it was fixed 🙂 try uninstalling the driver and then restarting 🙂

HP Recommended

I have this laptop for 2 days, and its great. I was playing a pretty beefy game and all of a sudden everything closed, updated and restarted. From then on it didnt detect my gpu anymore so at first I thought my gpu blew up already .. Luckily your steps solved the problem. Tyvm!

(also for some reason omen command center broke saying 'system.object' --> had to reinstall that too)

HP Recommended

Thank you! I had this problem this morning, no temperature showing on my RTX2070 inside the Omen 15 laptop. No sign of my graphics card anywhere.... followed your steps and it fixed it for me. Thanks again and stay safe all 😊

HP Recommended

Thanks👍 this one worked for me too

HP Recommended

Thank u that's really worked 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.