Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ce2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought HP Pavilion 14 two weeks ago. The system fan noise is unbearable. Not at all expected from a new laptop!

I have an old Dell that make much less noise.

I tried these steps - HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows) 

It didn't make any change. The store don't want to take it back because they say "This is how the computer work"

Which is really unreasonably to make so much noise. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Shayff

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Have you tried updating the BIOS and Graphics Drivers as suggested in the HP Document?

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I said, i tried the updates that mentioned in the document.

It didn't change anything.

The support say this is how the laptop work, this is just a ridiculous answer because laptop doesn't need to sound like jet engine.

HP Recommended

@Shayff

I will escalate your concerns to the appropriate team. We will need few information

I have sent you a private message. Please reply back with the requested information

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey,

I just bought (last week) the same laptop and I fully agree concerning the noise! This is not normal

HP Recommended

Dear HP support team,

is there a solution for the noise? I' ve tried the BIOS update but nothing changes

Kind regards,

kristof

HP Recommended

@KristofDB

If you are experiencing the same issue after updating the BIOS, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If it is a brand new Notebook you can also check with the Store you purchased it from

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. When you do the startup, hit F10 to go in the BIOS settings. With the arrows left and right go to "system configuration". Then with the arrows up and down, go to "FAN always on".  Disable this (it is enabled by default). Save and exit. Now the fan will only turn (and make some noise) when it needs to cool, not all the time.  Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Shayff

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't say it's sorted out.

It's still make the noise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.