Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (45W37AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day, I have an HP pavilion EG-0501LA, it has an i5-1135G7 processor, and 8 GB of ddr4 HPa 3200mhz ram, I am trying to improve it with these ram memories "Kit de memoria VENGEANCE Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 SODIMM 3200 MHz CL22", To be more specific, these model VENGEANCE® Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SODIMM 3200MHz CL22 Memory Kit (corsair.com), At the time of installing these ram memories, when I turned on the laptop, it did not give any type of video, the screen was pitch black, but the LED indicator was on , however, when I put the old ram memory back in, it worked normally, I tried with other ram memories, I think the same brand, and the problem still persisted, I need help to know which rams are compatible with these my laptop, i was thinking these from Crucial Crucial 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The memory part number used in the model series indicates that it is made by Micron.

HP PartSurfer

L46598-005 - MEMORY 8GB 3200MHz 1.2v DDR4 SHARED | eBay

Crucial memory is the retail division of Micron, so hopefully the Crucial memory will work.

I'd only buy one and use it with the memory chip HP installed if HP installed 1 x 8 GB of memory and not 2 x 4 GB of memory.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The memory part number used in the model series indicates that it is made by Micron.

HP PartSurfer

L46598-005 - MEMORY 8GB 3200MHz 1.2v DDR4 SHARED | eBay

Crucial memory is the retail division of Micron, so hopefully the Crucial memory will work.

I'd only buy one and use it with the memory chip HP installed if HP installed 1 x 8 GB of memory and not 2 x 4 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

I'm living in Venezuela at the moment and getting rams from Amazon, Ebay and Aliexpress is hard, i was thinking on buying these rams.

CT8G4SFRA32A Model,  Crucial 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA32A | Crucial ES

And yeah, i have 2x4 right now, so i should buy 2 of them to make it 2x8, thinking on buying only 1 to test and if it works, just buy the other one and therefore i'll be good.

HP Recommended

You're probably an expert by now at taking the notebook apart, so if it is relatively easy to install memory in your notebook, try one of the 8 GB chips and if it works with the 4 GB chip installed, then it should be safe to buy the second one.

If it is difficult, take your chances with buying two of them.

HP Recommended

Haha, i've taken this notebook apart like 10 times to clean it up from dust and reapplying thermal paste, i'll try that, i'll buy it! Thank you mate, i'll keep you updated if this works!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

and it works!Sin título.png

HP Recommended

That's great news!

Hopefully you can give your screwdriver a rest after you replace the other memory chip. 😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.