Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 (Product Number: LL059EA#ABV) and I need to run a x64 virtual machine on Virtual Box 4.0.6.

I got an error stating that I can't do that since the VT-x is not enabled.

My Cipset is Intel 6 Series /C200 and I have the i7-2600M which have VT-x support as state by Intel.

However when I try to enable this in my Insyde BIOS I can't see the option to do that.

Please help me out because I am a software develope and I need this x64 OS (Ubuntu) urgently!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Restoring the BIOS to default was the magic trick that solved the problem. Now my BIOS shows Virtualiztion Technology under System Configuration. Try it may solve yours too. Bye.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go to Bios and check is there Virtualization Technology option under System Configuration.

Below screenshot is taken from Bios simulator for your model. It was based on pre-production Bios version so I'm not sure then it's available in final version.

dv7-6xxx Bios.png

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

There are no Virtualization options at all in the BIOS.

I cannot give you a screenshot but the BIOS (F.06) menu is like this:

- Main

- Security (Administrator Password, Power-On password)

- Diagnostics (Memory test, hdd self test)

- System Configuration

- Language

- Fan always on

- Action Keys Mode

- Boot Options

- Exit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not able to run ANY x64 bit OS in a virtual machine... please, it is urgent!

HP Recommended

I also have an HP Pavilion dv6 (with an intel i7-2630QM) and wanted to enable VT-x. But I am running into the same problems as fchamieh.

Here is a pic of the bios screen where the option to enable VT-x should be:

IMG_0031.JPG

Any help getting this enabled would be appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the same problem; Very frustrating.  I attempted to roll back to the .05 bios, but that update fails.

HP Recommended

I am so frustrated because of this I really need this feature. So please HP update the bios soon and enable this option.

HP Recommended

Me either..we want to enable vt-x ! 🙂

HP Recommended

It's only fair to get what we paid for: VT-x

HP Recommended

Hi,

The screen shot from Dan is what is shown to be from a pre-production bios.  I can't say why HP doesn't have it as a bios option. 

Test for 64 bit and Virtualization hardware.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Restoring the BIOS to default was the magic trick that solved the problem. Now my BIOS shows Virtualiztion Technology under System Configuration. Try it may solve yours too. Bye.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.