Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good evening folks-I'm looking into either upgrading my HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook PC O/S to Windows 10 or will be forced to buy a new laptop with W10 installed.

The Notebook has an Intel i5 Core processor (2.53 GHz). RAM is 6 GB.Available physical memory of 3.69 GB. Total virtual memory is 11.6 GB. Available Virtual memory is 9.05 GB. Screen Resolution is 1600x900.

I do have a lot of pictures which will be removed and put on a flash drive for more memory.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of laptop installing Windows 10? If so, any issues? 

I've looked at the W10 system requirements and I may be cutting it close for space and operation performance.

Is it worth the effort for the W10 install? I know my laptop is old and that HP doesn't support certain laptops after 2013 for W10 installs.

Let me know what y'all think and I appreciate your input. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

There will most likely be issues with the audio, and if your notebook has the AMD/Intel switchable graphics, the graphics won't work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

There will most likely be issues with the audio, and if your notebook has the AMD/Intel switchable graphics, the graphics won't work.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help. After looking into what you mentioned, I'm going to have to retire the notebook. Have a nice weekend.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have a nice weekend too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.