Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have problems with my new HP ProBook 450 G7 (model number: 9HP68EA). I installed Windows 10 64bit (version 1909) with all drivers and updates. Problem is, that touchpad is not detected anywhere, even in Device manager. I searched for original drivers but there is actually no driver for touchpad in "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" section. Fingerprint sensor works OK, touchpad also works but only in BIOS/UEFI. When it system boots to desktop, it becomes unresponsive.

I already installed all needed drivers, updated Windows, searched BIOS settings to enable device, hard restarted laptop (holding power button for 30 seconds). I don't know what else to try - touchpad driver is apparently missing, even on HP drivers site.

Here in the picture we can see that there are no devices in Hardware list...

devices.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the solution here Touchpad Not Recognized  

You have to install Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake in Driver-Chipset section. After that it works as it should.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

As anyone find a solution to this problem? I got the same problem, load the companies image windows 10 1909 and the touchpad is nowhere to be found. Can't find drivers neither. 

HP Recommended

I found the solution here Touchpad Not Recognized  

You have to install Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake in Driver-Chipset section. After that it works as it should.

HP Recommended

Thank you, that worked.... 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.