Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello Andy

got a link fo that driver?

My HP recovery only shows v19, not the 18

HP Recommended

Reinstalling the bluetooth driver on its own and then rebooting seems to be the key.  I had re-installed the driver multiple times but not isolated and it didn't work when I did it.  When HP did it, it worked.

HP Recommended

No, I don't because the HP Recovery Manager comes pre-installed with that driver which must be the original as-built state driver.  You should probably recover to whatever driver is in your HP Recovery Manager.

HP Recommended

Thanks, testing now...

HP Recommended

No dice for me. 

It installed the windows update. And it broke my Bluetooth...

So  i ran the HP recovery and installed the bluetooth driver (v19) that shows in there. It says that it completed. After reboot, still doesnt work. X360 thinks BT is off...

tried installing it manually as well, by downloading it from the support page online, and still didnt work.  

Did HP did anything else when they fixed you?

HP Recommended

You might have to uninstall the wireless adapter (in device manager) before you update the driver.  I had to do that.  I also uninstalled an unknown usb device.  When uninstalling, it asks if you want to delete the software associated with the device.  Select yes.

I didn't follow this exact procedure, but it was helpful.  From this thread on an Intel Forum.

"1. Download and save our latest set of drivers and software for your adapter:
2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."
3. Uninstall your device drivers from Device Manager:
    1. Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
    2. Bluetooth® > Right click on your Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device" if allowed.
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else then press OK.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless and Bluetooth® packages that you downloaded back in step one.
6. Reboot your system."

HP Recommended

Well,  its working now for some reason...

Thanks for all the help.

I went ahead and tried to install the auto update to force the break so i could do your steps... well,  the bluetooth one installed ok, but the Intel-Net failed... for some reason.

I then ran check update again, and it says im up to date anyways.  So halfway thru uninstalling the PROset app, i cancelled it since i noticed BT was still working... 

It has survived a reboot. So for now i am going to count my blessings and see how long this lasts.

HP Recommended

Is HP going to offer a fix for those that aren't skilled at all the removal and re-install of these drivers?

Thanks

HP Recommended

This worked for me.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I found a way to hide updates since windows wanted me to install the funky driver again.  Here is a good explanation of the tool you need to download. Very easy.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.